Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I just purchased the allmighty magic device ipad. And against all odds I found it to be bearing a kind of disabled OS. It was small stuff here and there, but mostly the lack of accessible filesystem and a very bad way of multitasking +random stuff. But does antons know if it will be possible to install meego on this device? IOS is really annoying, but the hardware is rock solid.

The Following User Says Thank You to daddeddad For This Useful Post:
oversized ipod touch

MeeGo on Ipad!!!!

will look like diarrhea

The Following User Says Thank You to !!Nokia N900!! For This Useful Post:
mmm.
Freshly squeezed diarhoea!
XD

To answer the OP: no, but you might be lucky to see it in something like this
http://www.electronicshardwarereview...ghz-flash.html

Originally Posted by daddeddad View Post
I just purchased the allmighty magic device ipad. And against all odds I found it to be bearing a kind of disabled OS. It was small stuff here and there, but mostly the lack of accessible filesystem and a very bad way of multitasking +random stuff. But does antons know if it will be possible to install meego on this device? IOS is really annoying, but the hardware is rock solid.
I would love this to happen as well.
IOS has always been too restricted and is just the opposite of small computer i want from my phone and a tablet, but unfortunately imo ipad is the best tablet there is currently and does great job as wireless music player to my two speaker systems (ipad+speakers+airport express).

MeeGo would be no brainer in a tablet for me, but still waiting for big manufacturer(mainly Nokia) to make some ARM loving bigger than 7" tablet.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Yes, if it's not possible I will most likely sell the ipad, but I could make à bold guess that it will be like one more year til Nokia releases a tablet.

This matches my experience, too. I CONSTANTLY wish I had multitasking. It has backgrounding, sort of, but without swap it isn't near as nice as I wish. And it won't play one of my Radio apps while I surf. If you could have something like N900's multitasking, I think my wife would end up leaving me.