Notices

great app (!!!) thank you. It would be really cool if you could interact with the page in the widget (scrolling, button clicking etc) but i guess this could get pretty hard

thanks again really nice work!!!

edit: also it would be great if links like this http://artoftrolling.memebase.com/?random which open a random page would work too.

i tried configuring with this link but it always took the first given page as the url. I even tried manually editing the oculo-desktop file but now it loads and just gives a blank widget

Last edited by CrckMc; 2011-05-04 at 10:41.

Thanks Mardy. I saw something like this on a tech review on samsung galaxy tab 2 and I thought it just a matter of time till someone could make something like this on our beloved N900. And that someone is you. So a HUGE thanks.

Tried it right now and it seems its still not showing on my desktop. I have CSSU installed. I'll just wait for the update. Till then I'll post some feedbacks. Great job. More power.

I just receive the update. And it is now showing on my desktop. Great work. Will wait for some improvements like. enable scrolling and that would be perfect for me.Thanks Mardy.

Oculo is a great tool for simple image-based street traffic-maps. I haven't figured out yet how to directlink a Google Map view with traffic information, but fortunately there are legacy traffic map tools online that work just as well.

Many thanks for writing it mardy!

The Following User Says Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
There is a strange issue:

screen1 is a snapshot of how the frame i've chosen looks like from the site.

screen2 is a snapshot of how it looks like on the desktop - you can see that there are black lines that replaces the white ones.

as a result it is difficult to see the values in it.

the URL i'm using is:
http://fibi.co.il/applications/ticker2/TickerMassad.asp
Attached Images

Last edited by impeham; 2011-05-06 at 22:14.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
There is a strange issue:

screen1 is a snapshot of how the frame i've chosen looks like from the site.

screen2 is a snapshot of how it looks like on the desktop - you can see that there are black lines that replaces the white ones.

as a result it is difficult to see the values in it.

the URL i'm using is:
http://fibi.co.il/applications/ticker2/TickerMassad.asp
This might be a wild guess. But I think the website don't really has a background. It just show on the site that it has a white background but it really don't have one.

edit:

No. I don't think changing the wall paper will solve the problem

Last edited by Garcel; 2011-05-06 at 22:25.

Is it possible to remove the blue border around the widget?

Originally Posted by Garcel View Post
This might be a wild guess. But I think the website don't really has a background. It just show on the site that it has a white background but it really don't have one.

edit:

No. I don't think changing the wall paper will solve the problem
but still - it should display on the desktop the same as it is shown in the configuration

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
but still - it should display on the desktop the same as it is shown in the configuration
I might be wrong, but I assume that in the configuration the whole page loads (including the white/non-existant background), while the widget just loads part of the page (without the background, and the default is probably black)?

Try loading the whole page on the widget (don't crop the part out), and see if there's a difference.

Good luck.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
that is very nice!
I also hope for scrolling inside the widget and some differnet way to resize the webside inside the widget.
some way to make a small widget, but keep text readable.

Last edited by NightShift79; 2011-05-08 at 00:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post: