Notices

Playing on tablet is a torture to say the least. Well, unless the game is chess, marbles or such

Cross-compiling for ARM was discussed a few years ago, but that was the extent of it (that I'm aware of): http://www.winehq.org/site/?issue=285

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ A quiet place.
Originally Posted by distguitar View Post
Playing on tablet is a torture to say the least. Well, unless the game is chess, marbles or such
You're right: it depends on the game. Zelda Phantom Hourglass on the DS is pretty much stylus only, and it's a great game. It's the most fun I've had with my DS.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
if diablo 1 could run only on dos ... maybe dosbox could run it ?

Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
if diablo 1 could run only on dos ... maybe dosbox could run it ?
I tried running diablo on DOSBOX for the XBOX and it said that it can only be run in a windows environment... Guessing you need Windows 95.

How slow would it be if you ran Diablo though Remote Desktop? I would think VNC would be too slow to run, but I noticed in YouTube videos that R Desktop seemed snappier than VNC. Is this true?

BReady

Originally Posted by bready View Post
How slow would it be if you ran Diablo though Remote Desktop? I would think VNC would be too slow to run, but I noticed in YouTube videos that R Desktop seemed snappier than VNC. Is this true?

BReady
Remote Desktop is faster than VNC for showing common Windows native gui stuff. (i.e. scroll bars, windows, buttons) Basically RDP says to the client "draw a 40x80px radio button here" whereas VNC would say "here's a BMP of the button". Unfortunely though, when it comes to games and stuff they're both pretty slow. I've tried playing DosBox games though RDP (dosbox running on my main machine, then RDP into it from tablet) and it is pretty unplayable unfortunately. Yes there's a picture (no sound, yet) but frame rate is pretty low, 1-2fps at BEST. A few games are playable this way, but believe me, it's slower than it may sound.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
I love your cat avatar

And this thread is useless. Please let it sink.

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
I love your cat avatar
Thank you!

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
And this thread is useless. Please let it sink.
I guess I missed the memo about not replying to threads older than 3 days. I promise it won't happen again!

I can play WoW over LAN/WAN among other games. For that purpose I set up two computers running RealVNC(One being server and one being client) then I use rdesktop to access the client computer and I am then controlling two computers. I use the client computer to access the server computer and then run WoW or other PC games. Slow framerate, especially over WAN, but if you get used to it you can do simple stuff in WoW. Anyway, my classmates at the university was quite amazed when I sat playing WoW on my n810. The perspectives are definitely more interesting than the present usabillty level.

Originally Posted by PervertedHermit View Post
I can play WoW over LAN/WAN among other games. For that purpose I set up two computers running RealVNC(One being server and one being client) then I use rdesktop to access the client computer and I am then controlling two computers. I use the client computer to access the server computer and then run WoW or other PC games. Slow framerate, especially over WAN, but if you get used to it you can do simple stuff in WoW. Anyway, my classmates at the university was quite amazed when I sat playing WoW on my n810. The perspectives are definitely more interesting than the present usabillty level.
how come u did that ?
i tried running wow and it said cant run wow using remote controlling
besides the display adapter is not recognized by the n800 and max colors depth is 16 bits !!!