Notices

fair doos. yeah i saw. at the moment am experimenting with easy debian. and installing this:
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/armel/pcsx/download onto the image. will let you know if it works. probably not very well looking at how slow open office is with it. but worth a try never the less!!

The Following User Says Thank You to basketcase_2004 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the link, I was looking for that.

you probably know this without saying, but in order for a PSX emu to work at full speed it needs to use the N900's GPU acceleration while being highly optimized. Hope someone with real talent is working on this project
________
Valkyrie

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:17.

right pcsx for debian loads up within debian LXD but it gives me an error saying that the cd plugin is not working. any ideas?

Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Thanks for the link, I was looking for that.

you probably know this without saying, but in order for a PSX emu to work at full speed it needs to use the N900's GPU acceleration while being highly optimized. Hope someone with real talent is working on this project
yeah true. i dunno how anyone would go around that though. as most psx emu's use there own software... i think :/ am new to linux so im still learning. il try and sort the cdplugin problem out and load a game up. il let you know how it runs. or you could try yourself.

heres how incase anyone is woundering:

Install easy debian. (just search maemo and it'l tell you how)
once debian is installed, in the more menu tap on "synaptic package manager".
Once it loads up click on "search" and type in "pcsx".
after the search you should then be faced with 2 programs, "pcsx" and "pcsx-df". Tick the tick boxes and then click on "apply",
They should then install.

To run open up debian LXDE and go to the programs>game>PCSX.
Opens up but I get an error?? :/

it livesssss! right you have to go into the pcsx plugins and bios tab, and change the cd plugin to he iso plugin... duh! am just makin a youtube vid of it running ff7... typical i know but i havent got any others at the ready. (yes its my own ripped version ).
For some reason i cant get it to go fullscreen though. il post the link up once i upload it. very exciting that it even boots up.
unfortunatly it dies on the first fight. not sure why :/ must be cz the fights are real 3d. hmmm any ideas? maybe another plugin?

anyone else tried it yet?

Try getting different GPU and sound plugins and play around with them. What's the FPS like?
________
Honda tlr200

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:18.

alright like. probably around 10-15. it doesnt say so thats only a guess. I mean the FMV took about 5 mins to finish. maybe even more. il give you the link wen the video uploads. recorded it with a HD cam lol. so its takin ages to convert it. just rippin mgs aswel t see what that is like on it.

I will have a snoop round for some more plugins and have a little play with some. got some uni work to do for now soil have another look at it in a few hours.
you tried installin it?

The Following User Says Thank You to basketcase_2004 For This Useful Post:
scratch that it probably takes aroun 10 mins for the FMV to complete.... hmmmm

Thanks for recording a video basketcase_2004. Do tell when it finishes uploading.

Originally Posted by UQs View Post
Thanks for recording a video basketcase_2004. Do tell when it finishes uploading.
ok here is the first video. for some reason youtube is takin ages to upload um :/ hmmmm anyhoo il post the second link or just follow it on my account :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfnwpbiw82k

its elementom88 if you wanna just search for it.

anyone else tried this yet and had better success?

Tags
playstation emulator, psx, rumors