Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Cumberland Center, Maine, USA
Anybody know of, or have, any Bluetooth prepaid (pay as you go, like Tracfone) cell phones? It doesn't necessarily have to have EDGE. The cheaper the cell phone, the better.

I'm considering getting one to use with my 770 on trips, so I guess I need one with low roaming charges and good data costs too, and I don't want to have any contracts or monthly plans or stuff like that.

Hmm, I guess the best thing would be a cheap cell phone that has Bluetooth and EDGE, and a prepaid plan with good roaming and data charges. Why, the phone doesn't even need to have speakers.

Does such a thing even exist in the US?

Last edited by pgn674; 2006-05-28 at 20:09.

yes you can have a prepaid bt phone but your going to pay a premium on data cost. 1c for 1 kb. it will cost you almost 50c to just visit a web page.

you also may have to buy a bt phone and then get a cheap prepaid phone and swap the sim card

Cingular just recently added an unlimited data option to their prepaid system, for ~$20/month

You need to be on one of their monthly minimum plans - so you'll be giving them ~$30/month for the basic plan, and then $20 extra for data.

There is no set up charge of any kind, although you will have to purchase a phone from somewhere. I tested the data service out on my 770, and it Just Worked(tm).

Note that you aren't supposed to tether your phone to a laptop or other device, and Cingular may do bad things if you try. The rumors I've heard suggest that 3-5 megabytes a day is the limit before they notice you.