Active Topics

Iv just bought a 770 and its come with a USA plug. USA plugs are meant for 110v and Uk plugs give out 240v, anyone know what i should do. Im desperate.
Cheers.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Mine came with a US plug.. a simple adapter fixed the problem. Or you could just use a nokia phone charger (smaller end one) which also works perfectly.

Let me 2nd the "Get an adapter".
If you look on the charger it says "INPUT AC 100-240V" meaning you just have to get a physical plug adapter.

I'm in the same boat as the other 2, I got a US charger but Expansys who I ordered from threw in an adaptor for free. If you dont like the idea of this then....

Search Ebay for an N95 Charger, all these will fit fine. It'll cost about £4 delivered.

Originally Posted by Ryanzilla244 View Post
Iv just bought a 770 and its come with a USA plug. USA plugs are meant for 110v and Uk plugs give out 240v, anyone know what i should do. Im desperate.
Cheers.
Just to be clear, you only need an adaptor to change the plug's pins, you don't need a voltage converter.

This is assuming that it says something like "110-250v", but all the phone chargers I've seen are like that and I've used them interchangeably in the UK and US.

Cheers for the help, but i now have my 770 and its fine with the US plug, 110v - 240v.