i was just thinking - can i get some nasty virus in my n770 while surfing web or checking e-mails?
it seems that nobody really is getting worried about it though...
how is it?

The Following User Says Thank You to sandrisb For This Useful Post:
I don't even think virus scanning software exists for the 770.
I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Standard rules apply, don't run stuff you wouldn't trust, be aware of what you are downloading. It can't get a standard Windows virus, it would have to have been specifically developed for the Linux+ARM platform which is far less common and therefore not worth the work. It is probable that Opera has a flaw or two in it on the 770, but there really isn't the market base for someone to invest the time into finding a flaw, and exploiting it. That said, someone could write a proof of concept virus, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Besides, the slowdown of the device due to the scanner is far worse than having to reflash the device. And the latter is, as Het mentioned, highly unlikely.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Also, pretty much the only way to get you infected with something nasty is to install a deb. Now for those, it's really ridiculously easy to add something really nasty in them in addition to the software you were hoping to get. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like there would be much of incentive to write nasty software to the device as the market is still too small for it.