Active Topics

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
Hi all,

my N900 is still alive these days but it has some flaws I would like to repair to make it nice and shiny again. Therefore I'm looking for a N900 with good LCD, German or English keyboard and maybe scratch free digitizer.

If you have a defective device I could use for spare parts, send me an offer!

Last edited by Hensch; 2018-11-30 at 09:27.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Are you aware of that?:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Nokia-N900-9...8Jj5:rk:1:pf:0

I also have a fully intact N900, which I don't use anymore. Screen isn't original anymore. But therefore nearly scratchfree.

I would give it away for 75 € incl. Shipping in Germany.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Yes I know these offerings. I thought it would be better to give a dead device a chance to make my intact one looking good again. And chances are someone says I can get his dead one for a low price and have all the parts instead of buying an LCD for 30€, digitizer for 5€ and so on.

Mine is still intact but it has some flaws at the LCD screen and the keyboard is worn. I'd like to get a second one to combine the best parts of both. Even the N900 may be dead I think the LCD itself is better than mine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
My backup N900 is practically new. Now, I don't want to give it away, but it has a German keymat which I detest for its lack of four proper cursor keys.
So you could broaden your search for N900s with English keymats in good condition and if you get one, we can swap keymats.
I must say though, that I've never taken an N900 apart. I believe I've seen a video that showed that swaping a keymat is not that complicated, but I'd have to refresh my memory on how to do it exactly.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
I think I would take any faulty N900 in a good optical condition, yes. Maybe we can share some parts

I've already disassembled mine twice. Don't ask for the reasons. I can make you a photo documentation while taking apart mine.

Last edited by Hensch; 2018-11-30 at 09:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post:
I may have an upper half in optical ok condition and a german keyboard (no white foil), but did not test if it is still working. If you dont find a better solution, and or want to test it yourself make me an offer.

The Following User Says Thank You to pythoneye2 For This Useful Post:
I have a N900 it works nice, only the SIM-Card-Holder has sometimes a problem.

But the rest of the device is lookig like new.
If you want i can take some pictures.

I could provide also to box and stuff which was included and I'm looking for 50 € , but here we could also talk about the price.

EDIT:
germany layout
keybord looks like new

The Following User Says Thank You to Unreasonable Behaviour For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your offerings.

For 50€ I may buy an LCD, digitizer and Keyboard new on Ebay. This is not what I want. That's why I'm looking for a defective device. I want to keep the price low. If you have disassembled parts I'll also buy them if they are in good condition.

If nobody has one I will keep it as it is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post: