Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
And dwindling resources. The team has shrunk about 75% since this time last year.
When if anything it needed to stay about the same, or shrunk by 50-odd at the most.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-03 at 09:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
So, according to Nokia, if I've upgraded to PR 1.2 by apt-get dist-upgrade instead of the GUI tool, I could potentially introduce some 'bugs'. Could this be the cause of jittery scrolling while playing music on my system? It's otherwise as responsive as 1.1.

Originally Posted by bltcool View Post
found a gallery bug: for some reason,pictures show up in gallery but as a blank black space instead of the pix unless they are picture i took from the camera
Exact same issue on my phone. We'll debug later.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
I found apps for meego, app testing not able to install
Any solution for this yet?

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Any solution for this yet?
Apps for MeeGo and testing work. I have reinstalled both .deb from the the Apps for MeeGo web site.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
What's the output of this command in xterm ? You will need to devel-su to run it.

apt-get update
I get the following output:
"E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the list directory"

Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
Aw I hate to break it to ya but Nokia got rid of some Ovi services, The contacts and some file syncing stuff If I remember correctly, I remember seeing the announcment on the ovi contacts site last year where they were saying to export your stuff before it's gone.

One reason I used to avoid using syncing services for contacts was with mail for exchange for example, if its conflict preference is set to server, and you try sync from a phone with no contacts, you'd wipe your contacts from the server.
It's ok if you know what you're doing, bit it's a fine line between restoring your contacts and deleting all traces of them completely.

Good news though....
I found this announcment for ya.
http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...-discontinued/

If you sign in you can still get them back here apparently:
https://exportcontacts.ovi.com/

Fingers crossed eh.
That's just the website tho. You can still use your Nokia account to sync contacts to the "cloud" and restore them. You just can't access them from the web. I know because I wiped my device and after entering my Nokia account, I got my contacts back automagically.

Originally Posted by tibere86 View Post
I get the following output:
"E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the list directory"
Try
Code:
killall pkgmgrd
then do it.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Two issues...

If I receive a MMS from somebody not in my contact list - I hadn't added this person yet - I cannot view the images. I can see the preview, I can press and hold and I can save as (image) to my phone.

Also... Accuweather seems to be really having problems with GPS and keeping what's my standard city updated in my feed. I have to open Accuweather, then it'll work. If I close it, or the screen goes to sleep and I've stopped the application via swipe down, then it starts all over again.

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
just a bit off topic...
what do you guys think about next possible updates, PR1.3, 1.4?
I have to say I'm quite satisfied with my N9 at the moment, some irresponsible tweaking just after the OTA update caused me some issues but I was able to get the things right by doing a clean flash via NaviFirm...
so I was just curious whether we can seriously expect some updates in the future..