Notices

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Updated without any problems here.

412b, did I told You how awesome You are? One day a constructive suggestion, same day confirmation from You, and update next day. The same happened with advanced-power-monitor.

thanks You very much, and eagerly waiting for standard hildon preferences button!
Thanks
AP and AIS code is easy-maintainable, so adding some config is really fast thing. I'll need some time to get the correct names of the settings applets and adding feature to the UI. Nevertheless, I'm planning to add it this week.

For those interested in support for Bleeding Edge: as those drivers seem to be added to kp (or not, let's wait a bit) and have no stable packaging for kernels at the moment (and centralized maintaining), this feature won't be implemented in nearest future.

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by longuist View Post
Updated again and found out that after a restart everything is ok (<=1). After some testing i found the reason for this. Once you enter the settings page of AIS CPU-Time for the process gets and stays high till next restart. So there must be an error (settings not exited correctly). As you normally just do it once its no big error though.
Hope this helps and thanks again.
Did you press "Save" button or just closed via tapping outside of the dialog?

Just closed without saving, but tested now, it doesnt matter.

Edit: btw i think the problem was not introduced with the last version, just got stronger.

Last edited by longuist; 2011-09-28 at 12:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to longuist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by longuist
Once you enter the settings page of AIS CPU-Time for the process gets and stays high till next restart.
Can't reproduce that. On my device, everything is fine, no matter what I do in preferences and how do I exit. Tried in many different scenarios - after long (few days) runtime, then after fresh reboot... seems 100% fine all the time.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by 412b View Post
I've got maximum activity of 29 (with blinking). What other status bar applets do you have installed?
And can post the outputs of powertop and top?
Sorry for the delay.

Installed status bar applets:

fm-carkit
SSH Status and Switcher
keyboard-layout-applet
Flashlight
Simple Brightness Applet

outputs before:
http://pastebin.com/LRm5uZjk

outputs after (opening settings; no blinking):
http://pastebin.com/Z4XCsQV6

Dont has significant impact on CPU-Time (top is the wrong tool to measure average CPU-time) & dont know how important the activity value is, but seems to wake up the CPU more often.

As Estel cant reproduce, it seems more complicated or just happens on my device. And again, as it only happens when changing settings its not a bug with high priority, if at all ;)
Thanks again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longuist For This Useful Post:
About adding "XXX Settings" to dialog...
Unfortunatelly the only way I've found at the moment is using ugly osso bindings, which is really disappointing... If someone knows easier way to do it, sharing is welcomed

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Thanks for this fine application, it has cleaned up my status menu a lot.

Idea for very little, but useful upgrade:
Adding customizable option in settings for wifi,that put New content in advifsw_wlan_on.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
modprobe wl12xx
wl1251-cal
stop wlancond
start wlancond
ifconfig wlan0 up
sleep 1
iw reg set JP
sleep 1
Rationale:
Many users know about tweak, that allow unlocking of channel 12,13 (and possibly 14, after some more tinkering) connectivity via our device. Yet, most people doesn't know (especially those with reg set to EU by default), that every WiFi shutdown/enabling (by any tool) bring default settings back.

US people may notice it, cause they lose capability to connect using upper channels, but for EU people, channels 12/13 are still working, with less frequency hopping range for 13 (that is, channel 13 works, but is "crippled" in efficiency, especially, on crowded neighborhood, with many AP's using channel 11 or up). So, for anyone using *any* interface switcher, executing iw reg set JP at every reboot, is just Placebo effect, at least after disabling and enabling wifi (for people using wifi disabled on startup via AIS settings, it's placebo from the beginning).

This simple tweak of wifi-enable procedure makes it real. Generally, there should be no problem for enabling it for everyone without customizable setting - it only enhance connecting possibilities (even for folks worried about law in US - it's forbidden to broadcast AP's on channel 13, and we're just enabling possibility to connect to such AP's - for when outside US, or for situation, when one want to connect for own AP, 'illegally' broadcasting on upper channels), but it have little drawback - it require iw tools package. That is why I though about customizable switch.

Ideally, instead of using 'iw reg set JP', AIU settings would allow to entry totally customizable command (line for putting there, whatever user want) - that would be executed after sleep 1, and would be followed by another sleep 1 (it works flawlessly on all situations, only using such sleep's - so, basically, 'iw reg st JP' in my example, would be replaced by user-customizable string).

Of course, this approach require a little more effort to include, but IMO is best possible solution, enhancing AUI by possibility of automating every custom command - that user need to put after bringing interface up - that one feel fancy. Others may just leave such field blank...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-01-13 at 01:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Angers, France
Hi ,
here below is attached the french translation for advanced-switcher.
could it be possible for someone to make the corresponding deb package.
thx in "advance"d :-).

Nerfiaux
Attached Files
File Type: txt advanced-interface-switcher.txt (1.1 KB, 80 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to nerfiaux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nerfiaux View Post
Hi ,
here below is attached the french translation for advanced-switcher.
could it be possible for someone to make the corresponding deb package.
thx in "advance"d :-).

Nerfiaux
again sorry for a delay, I'll upload translation for AIS today or tomorrow.