Notices

I have never used this kind (read Wallet) aplication before. Can anyone please explain to me what this 2 fields should/can be used for:
Name
Group

Thank's

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
is the password, that you want to use to protect your data. application will ask you to enter twice
i have done this over and over and with the same code two times in a row...but always the same "password is incorrect" error.

i tried 4,5,6,9,10 digit passwords.

one work.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
Originally Posted by arnest View Post
I have never used this kind (read Wallet) aplication before. Can anyone please explain to me what this 2 fields should/can be used for:
Name
Group

Thank's
Hi Amest,

Name is a description for example for a credit card I use bank name, for a account information I use the domain name. What ever you want to describe card information.

Group is used for people that has a lot of information stored, and they want grouped. For example you can have two groups: private information a bussiness information.

Thanks

Protect your confidential information by installing Wallet for N9 and N900.
Visit: http://www.nowhereman.eu

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
i have done this over and over and with the same code two times in a row...but always the same "password is incorrect" error.

i tried 4,5,6,9,10 digit passwords.

one work.
Hi ceroberts, I really don't understand what it's your problem. But
* if you can enter into application and see your information with a password (that you don't want). Please use change password functionality into main menu, to change it. Make sure you enter your new password twice.
* if you cannot enter into application because you get always invalid password message. it means that you forgot it. In that case I'm sorry but you will lose all your information stored inside wallet, because the only way it is start from the beginning: remove wallet database.

thanks

Hi.

I found "(qt)Wallet" and this is it! I tried other applications for securely storing passwords, but this one rocks! Fast, easy to use, clearly arranged. I am really looking forward to seeing a desktop version for this. Thank you very much for this great application!

Although there are some minor bugs and the interface could be spiced up a little.

As it seems the bug and feature tracker in the garage isn't used I will post everything here. Or is there a better place, nowhereman?

Bugs:
  1. When creating a new card fill in some info in the fields. Then tap on "modify fields" in the menu and delete any of the fields. After that all the previously filled fields are empty again.
  2. Connected to the above: When I edit a card and edit some of the fields and then hit "modify fields" and delete one of them, the fields get restored to their original values.
  3. When editing a card hit "modify fields" and delete a field. Then instead of hitting "save" tap on the back button in the top right corner. Wallet asks if I want to discard changes and when I hit "yes" the previously deleted field is gone. When I go back to the group names view and and re-open the card, the field is there again. Strange...
  4. After I create a new card it is sorted to the end of the list. After I reopen the group it is sorted alphabetically (as it should).
  5. When I modify a group name of a card, the card still appears in the old group. When you leave the group and re-enter it, it's gone and moved to the correct group.
  6. The database seems not to be backed up by the default backup application of the N900. /home/user/qtwallet.db.sqlite doesn't seem to be inside any of the .zip files created. Maybe this can help? http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...up_Application
  7. The link "DONATE" in the about box is dark blue on black background. Kind of unreadable.
  8. The type "note card" has only one field. The field is string. This should probably be "text".
  9. When pressing and holding the label for a phone number a popup menu appears, with "call to" in it. That does not do anything. Work in progress? (I just found this while having a look at the language file.)

Feature Requests
  1. The hard-coded templates (Memership Info, Password, Credit Card, Bank Account, …) should be user-definable (delete/modify/create new).
  2. Attach any number of images to cards -> renaming "face picture" and "back picture" to just "picture" or "image"
  3. Being able to keep the aspect ration and size of the Image without resizing or choice for different sizes. I don't know if it's also like this where you come from, but here in germany we most of times get a list of 100-200 numbers (transaction numbers, TANs) that are needed once every time you do something critical. I'd like to scan this list and view it inside my wallet.
  4. When the device locks itself, Wallet does so, too. After entering the PIN I'd like to be exactly where I was before the device turned its screen off. That could be viewing a card or a group or editing a card or fields. As I noticed when I edit a card and the screen goes blank all changes are gone.
  5. Being able to delete the database without password or anything is a bad possible loss of data (as stated in post 59 earlier). Please do something about that.

Interface Suggestions
  1. When viewing a card it would be handy to have "delete card" in the menu instead of first having to edit it… (in my opinion)
  2. When editing a card it would be handy to be able to delete and create new fields on the fly. Therefore you could put a square button with a red cross alongside the field on the right that deletes this field (with confirmation, of course) and another button (possibly alongside the "save" button) that says "create new field". Editing and rearrangement of fields could still be achieved by the "modify fields" menu entry.
  3. When viewing a card with images attached: tap on the image to magnify it.
  4. I find the dummy images when creating a new card confusing. Especially with the red lines marking the CVC#. Why not just leave them out?

Other Suggestions
  1. Is there really a need to mirror pictures? Rotation, ok maybe, but mirroring?
  2. Probably you should think about more generic names. Suggestions: Rename "Name" to "Title", "Group Name" to "Category", "Card" to ... hm. "Entry"/"Record"/"Dataset"? I'm not sure about this but in this thread at least one person didn't know what to write there and I was confused by the word "Card".

Phew, that was much

These are all just suggestions. If anything is unclear, feel free to ask. I would very much appreciate when you wrote something to all of this.. Some day, some time.

And to show you that I also spent some work on your application: The German language file is attached

Best wishes,
DerYo-->
Attached Files
File Type: zip qtwallet_de.zip (4.5 KB, 116 views)

Originally Posted by deryo View Post
Hi.

I found "(qt)Wallet" and this is it! I tried other applications for securely storing passwords, but this one rocks! Fast, easy to use, clearly arranged. I am really looking forward to seeing a desktop version for this. Thank you very much for this great application!

Although there are some minor bugs and the interface could be spiced up a little.

As it seems the bug and feature tracker in the garage isn't used I will post everything here. Or is there a better place, nowhereman?

Bugs:
  1. When creating a new card fill in some info in the fields. Then tap on "modify fields" in the menu and delete any of the fields. After that all the previously filled fields are empty again.
  2. Connected to the above: When I edit a card and edit some of the fields and then hit "modify fields" and delete one of them, the fields get restored to their original values.
  3. When editing a card hit "modify fields" and delete a field. Then instead of hitting "save" tap on the back button in the top right corner. Wallet asks if I want to discard changes and when I hit "yes" the previously deleted field is gone. When I go back to the group names view and and re-open the card, the field is there again. Strange...
  4. After I create a new card it is sorted to the end of the list. After I reopen the group it is sorted alphabetically (as it should).
  5. When I modify a group name of a card, the card still appears in the old group. When you leave the group and re-enter it, it's gone and moved to the correct group.
  6. The database seems not to be backed up by the default backup application of the N900. /home/user/qtwallet.db.sqlite doesn't seem to be inside any of the .zip files created. Maybe this can help? http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...up_Application
  7. The link "DONATE" in the about box is dark blue on black background. Kind of unreadable.
  8. The type "note card" has only one field. The field is string. This should probably be "text".
  9. When pressing and holding the label for a phone number a popup menu appears, with "call to" in it. That does not do anything. Work in progress? (I just found this while having a look at the language file.)

Feature Requests
  1. The hard-coded templates (Memership Info, Password, Credit Card, Bank Account, …) should be user-definable (delete/modify/create new).
  2. Attach any number of images to cards -> renaming "face picture" and "back picture" to just "picture" or "image"
  3. Being able to keep the aspect ration and size of the Image without resizing or choice for different sizes. I don't know if it's also like this where you come from, but here in germany we most of times get a list of 100-200 numbers (transaction numbers, TANs) that are needed once every time you do something critical. I'd like to scan this list and view it inside my wallet.
  4. When the device locks itself, Wallet does so, too. After entering the PIN I'd like to be exactly where I was before the device turned its screen off. That could be viewing a card or a group or editing a card or fields. As I noticed when I edit a card and the screen goes blank all changes are gone.
  5. Being able to delete the database without password or anything is a bad possible loss of data (as stated in post 59 earlier). Please do something about that.

Interface Suggestions
  1. When viewing a card it would be handy to have "delete card" in the menu instead of first having to edit it… (in my opinion)
  2. When editing a card it would be handy to be able to delete and create new fields on the fly. Therefore you could put a square button with a red cross alongside the field on the right that deletes this field (with confirmation, of course) and another button (possibly alongside the "save" button) that says "create new field". Editing and rearrangement of fields could still be achieved by the "modify fields" menu entry.
  4. I find the dummy images when creating a new card confusing. Especially with the red lines marking the CVC#. Why not just leave them out?

Other Suggestions
  1. Is there really a need to mirror pictures? Rotation, ok maybe, but mirroring?
  2. Probably you should think about more generic names. Suggestions: Rename "Name" to "Title", "Group Name" to "Category", "Card" to ... hm. "Entry"/"Record"/"Dataset"? I'm not sure about this but in this thread at least one person didn't know what to write there and I was confused by the word "Card".

Phew, that was much

These are all just suggestions. If anything is unclear, feel free to ask. I would very much appreciate when you wrote something to all of this.. Some day, some time.

And to show you that I also spent some work on your application: The German language file is attached

Best wishes,
DerYo-->
Aaauuuu.. (spanish sound of nice surprise) ....

Thank's you very much for your comments/suggestions/bug detection/translations ....

Let me some time to fix, study and improve everything you suggest.

Hi deryo,

Some comments ...

About defects, I think, you will have fixed in next version.

About improvements, some comments:
* If you click for a while on a card, you have a menu where you can delete.
* About hardcode templates, you have the workaround to use the option "New like this". You can have a group called "templates" where you can store all your new card templates. Then you can create a new ones with this option "New like this".
* And about 100-200 cards that you want to scan, I don't understand what it is your requirement. I think I have something similar but I don't need more that two images!

Thanks, I hope german translation is working!

Originally Posted by deryo View Post
Hi.

Bugs:

Feature Requests

Interface Suggestions

Other Suggestions

Phew, that was much

Best wishes,
DerYo-->

Hi, sorry I'm writing that late, I had a lot to do lately...

About defects, I think, you will have fixed in next version.
Great, I will check! Already noticed some where gone.

* If you click for a while on a card, you have a menu where you can delete.
Ah, I didn't notice that. But I think that having a "delete" feature in the normal menu when viewing a card is still a good idea. I guess most people don't use that "long press context menu" a lot.

* About hardcode templates, you have the workaround to use the option "New like this". You can have a group called "templates" where you can store all your new card templates. Then you can create a new ones with this option "New like this".
That's a nice workaround, indeed. But in my opinion still just a workaround.

* And about 100-200 cards that you want to scan, I don't understand what it is your requirement. I think I have something similar but I don't need more that two images!
I think you got me wrong. I meant something like this:
https://www.nordlb.de/uploads/RTEmag..._klein.jpg.jpg

So when I have my EC-Card scanned from both sides I need at least a 3rd picture for the list in the example link above. I just think it would be more flexible if I was able to attach any number of images in any size with any orientation. Wallet is great and has great potential but I personally still miss some more flexibility, especially with the images.

Thanks, I hope german translation is working!
It is! Thank you very much. Although I noticed some fields are still missing (rotate face pict. and rotate back pict.). I think these weren't present in the lang-file I had...?

BTW, what was the latest update (yesterday or today) about? I noticed that the banner asking for the password is now only visible when Wallet is the front application! Very nice, that was really annoying and I just wanted to write about that

Keep up the good work! It's really brilliant.

Another thing: Do you want to use the bug and feature request tracker in the garage? I could fill that one instead of using the forums for this. Maybe it fits better there.

DerYo-->

Last edited by deryo; 2010-11-05 at 16:15. Reason: added question about garage tracker

What a great app.. and i use it frequently..
Is there any possibility to copy any text like account number from qtwallet display other than going through Edit mode. This will help me to easier copy the text while trying to login to a website via microb.

Any desktop version planned as well ;-)

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Yes, I wanted to provide a linux version, but at this moment I don't have too much time, them using a compatible format with any exisiting program will be the faster option. Let me some time.

I will keep you informed.
Thanks for this great app. Qt is just fantastic when making great GUI applications. A port to desktop makes it easier since you have used Qt.
But, the same thing struck me like the previous guy asked here, about keepassx database support.
But I was thinking: It would be well enough with an import function from keepass/keepassx. It depends of course how complicated the database format is.
Great app!