Notices

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Wuppertal, Germany
Originally Posted by Spazholio View Post
Sounds like an error trapping oversight.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Spazholio View Post
Then again, why would you try to open an empty MP3?
It crashed when scanning the mmc that happened to have a broken
(empty) file with the extension .mp3 for some reason.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
I checked updates, and needed to update Python. Did that, pulled up youtube, copied the link, pasted fine in UKTUBE but as soon as I click that button, the app shuts down. just like that.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
I can't scroll... never could actually even on 1.4
What's wrong with me? I watched the video, tried scrolling with the thumb, the stylus... nothing works.
I really want to use this player.
Do you have over 20 albums? To need scrolling, you need to have quite a few albums. It doesn't use scroll until you do.

Also, try pressing the dpad up and down.

Originally Posted by Jaykie View Post
Hi Urho,

Kinetic scrolling indeed looks nice! One question though. When I come back to Albums list from a certain album by touching Albums button quickly, the list will appear on the screen scrolling. If i press the button more longer and release, the list will appear not scrolling. I guess this is intended behaviour?

I usually listen a lot of mix albums, like livesets which tend to be quite long tracks...like 60mins or more. Is fast forward and rewind planned for future releases? Also some sort of an easy and quick screen lock might be nice.

Anyways, thanks for the great application. Here everything seems to work smoothly!

EDIT: Switching between audio/video modes seems to be quite hard with a finger. It almost always starts scrolling the list Maybe a bit bigger buttons for them?
No, it's not intended behaviour. I'll try to fix it soon.
You can press and keep pressed the dpad right to fast forward and left for fast rewind. I'm considering of adding a new screen for the currently playing song view.

You can press the back button to switch between video/audio modes.

Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
I checked updates, and needed to update Python. Did that, pulled up youtube, copied the link, pasted fine in UKTUBE but as soon as I click that button, the app shuts down. just like that.
I have latest python. Seems to work just fine. Do you have python 2.5?

I tested this random link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8A0uoNQCOc

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
You can press and keep pressed the dpad right to fast forward and left for fast rewind. I'm considering of adding a new screen for the currently playing song view.

You can press the back button to switch between video/audio modes.
Thx didn't notice that you can already fast forward Also 1 comment about Album list. It appears that the name of the album is displayed under the album cover but the name of previous album on top of this cover is much closer than the correct name. I tend to press always the cover art under the album name
Hopefully you know what i mean.

Anyways nice work!

EDIT: I thought I had a dead pixel when looking at the upper right corner of ALBUMS button but it appears to be in the image itself. Just a minor thing

Last edited by Jaykie; 2007-07-24 at 20:55.

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
I have latest python. Seems to work just fine. Do you have python 2.5?

I tested this random link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8A0uoNQCOc
Python 2.5, mplayer 1.0rc1, mediacenter 1.4b.

UKTube doesn't show as a separate entry in my apps list. That link crashed, as well.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Kontorri-

Great application that is getting better.

Thanks,
Fred

rcadden: sounds like your install is messed. Maybe you should uninstall and try re-installing. Also, try the latest ukmp install (it has uktube as well).

I'll try that and report back.