Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
MT-Toggles V0.3-1 out:
* Add press and hold functionality
* Added conflict cellular-toggle v0.0.1
That should prevent any more boot loops hopefully.

V0.3-1 include a press and hold functionality, holding the bluetooth toggle opens up the bluetooth settings page.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
so that means I should uninstall cellular toggle if I manage to boot up?

By the way i manage to boot up but once the icons are loading that's when I get restarted again
Yes, the restarts are because if system-ui restarts 3 times in a row the system is rebooted.

There are two ways to fix it, the first is the recovery initrd, which will trigger the warranty void warning and open mode. The second is trying to uninstall it quick (over SSH or otherwise), try plugging in a USB cable into a PC and booting up.

I'm not sure if R&D mode would help, never tried it on Harmattan
Code:
flasher --enable-rd-mode --set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Yes, the restarts are because if system-ui restarts 3 times in a row the system is rebooted.

There are two ways to fix it, the first is the recovery initrd, which will trigger the warranty void warning and open mode. The second is trying to uninstall it quick (over SSH or otherwise), try plugging in a USB cable into a PC and booting up.

I'm not sure if R&D mode would help, never tried it on Harmattan
Code:
Please walk me through a bit more, I am quite new on in this.

First method you talked about is done via flasher installed on my PC as described in this threa right? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=Flash

And use the following code? Would I need to download anything from Navifirm?

Code:
Second mode via SSH? means I need to establish wifi connection extremely quick? That would quite impossible for me, seeing that I can only manage to load up the desktop icons before rebooting again.

Last edited by kai_en; 2012-07-17 at 17:09.

No, no extra downloads needed, it just sets a flag in CAL

I just used the code

Code:
And I am seeing a picture of a spannar but it does nothing otherwise, it's not moving or what so ever.

EDIT: Okay, I managed to boot up with that flash code. Thank god! So now I shall update MT-Toggle and should be able to install cellular toggle again?

By the way, do I need to set anything back is the flasher? Disable R&D mode or something?

EDIT EDIT: I was using Coderus' Toggle Icons previously, still safe to use his toggles on MT 0.3-1? I really to prefer without the toggles below as it's tacking too much space

Last edited by kai_en; 2012-07-17 at 17:27.

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
I just used the code

Code:
And I am seeing a picture of a spannar but it does nothing otherwise, it's not moving or what so ever.

EDIT: Okay, I managed to boot up with that flash code. Thank god! So now I shall update MT-Toggle and should be able to install cellular toggle again?

By the way, do I need to set anything back is the flasher? Disable R&D mode or something?

EDIT EDIT: I was using Coderus' Toggle Icons previously, still safe to use his toggles on MT 0.3-1? I really to prefer without the toggles below as it's tacking too much space
I'm not sure about coderus's widgets, they used a modified mt-toggles and they're not open source.

cellular-toggle conflicts with mt-toggles, I might provide a different toggle that offers the same features.

Oh and yes, after uninstalling cellular-toggle:
Code:
flasher --disable-rd-mode

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
LOL Mohammad, i send you link to sources to skype many weeks ago. if you don't want to use my hacks say it, don't be so rude.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
LOL Mohammad, i send you link to sources to skype many weeks ago. if you don't want to use my hacks say it, don't be so rude.
I didn't check them to be honest (whether or not they included your toggles or not), I asked you to publish patches to github and you ignored that.

so, we talked, you said you can download sources from archive. no, can't? it's not my problems, sorry. it's not so hard to login to skype and receive link. you don't want? oh.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26659227/harmattan/sources.zip

now you can download it? oh, am i too late? you don't want to use my hacks now? sadly )=

Tags
harmattan, toggles