Active Topics

I thought i was spared from the grey background and dark spot issues. when i tried again last night i finally saw it! There is quite a patch right in the middle of the screen!

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bangalore
I think, this is a common characteristic of the display. You can see the same behavior in engadget's video review as well.

So I got this to on my N9 64GB (verticale lines) but ONLY when i zoom in 100% and that`s NOT a dealbreaker for me...

I am fine with the vertical lines too, just the dark patch is annoying when at night you are surfing net with the lights off.

I will go down to the nokia shop and get a check and see if the replacement set is fine or not.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
I visited a Nokia repair shop today to ask about the purple lines, but they didn't know outright if it was normal. However they also had not received any spare parts of maintenance instructions for the N9 yet, so I'll have to go again next week.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZerionSeven For This Useful Post:
I have noticed those lines too on my N9. Also, I have noticed that there is a purple tint on the left side of the screen but that it is only noticeable in darker environments. It is my understanding, after digging through the web that these issues will be fixed when PR 1.1 is released. According to shootspeak's blog (http://shootspeak.com/2011/10/08/scr...ung-galaxy-s2/), which refers to Kontorri's comments, this was intentional. I wish this is true and does get fixed in the next firmware update as this is quite a nuisance. At least to tone it down a bit would be desirable!

The Following User Says Thank You to blackbox For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yeah i saw that update in jakiman's blog, but it was in reference to when you have it at full brightness.
Not sure if the users in this thread have been getting the purple tint at full brightness only.
But hopefully you're right, and it does resolve at least part of their 'issues'...

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I do see a purple tint on the left side - but always, not only at max brightness.

Also, the disturbung lines I'm talking about (and that you can see on my video) seem to be more visible when the screen is darker - and less when it's set to max brightness.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yeah i saw that update in jakiman's blog, but it was in reference to when you have it at full brightness.
Not sure if the users in this thread have been getting the purple tint at full brightness only.
But hopefully you're right, and it does resolve at least part of their 'issues'...
I was a little confused as well with jakiman's blog on the color saturation issue. The way i understood it was that, the purple/pink over-saturation is there to adhere to situations when the n9 would be in very bright environments and as such, this over-saturation is intentional. Therefore, my assumption was that, because of this, when the n9 is in darker environments, this purple or pink over-saturation is still there.

Apparently, in the PR 1.1 release of the N9, Konttorri claims the following:

"Color management is less nervous than before (neutral sRGB space color palette is now used always, except in clearly outdoor situations, when oversaturation is applied to adjust how eye desaturates content in brightness)."

Let's hope that this is what I and others in this forum have been experiencing and gets fixed!

Lol!!, I'm still a bit confused as I also could be interpreting my issues completely different than those voiced by Konttorri.

The Following User Says Thank You to blackbox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I do see a purple tint on the left side - but always, not only at max brightness.

Also, the disturbung lines I'm talking about (and that you can see on my video) seem to be more visible when the screen is darker - and less when it's set to max brightness.
Yes, Benny, this is exactly what I am experiencing too, and your video definitely demonstrates that!