Active Topics

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Also, some N9s do have this issue while others don't...
Hey Benny, are you sure that others are not experiencing this or perhaps not everyone has the strong eyes to notice these issues like we do?

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
The screen of my phone is slightly affected by the issue 2 but this never appends in normal situation, I discovered it by displaying the image given by ZerionSeven and this appears only when zooming a lot (i.e. when the squares are very big).

In normal situations the screen is simply... gorgeous!

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
If this indeed is normal, perhaps the intensity varies from screen to screen? On my device, it's easily noticeable during normal use and is quite annoying.

Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
The screen of my phone is slightly affected by the issue 2 but this never appends in normal situation, I discovered it by displaying the image given by ZerionSeven and this appears only when zooming a lot (i.e. when the squares are very big).

In normal situations the screen is simply... gorgeous!
I would agree with Jordi (at least with my experience on my own N9).
Individual eyesight might be an issue as well (at least mine is not as sharp as it used be). Need to really zoom in on the ZerionSeven image to see the "ghost"-lines.

I have the same problem and it's noticeable in everyday use, but especially apparent using the checkerboard image provided ZerionSeven.

I took the phone back to the store I bought it from and the people there were able to reproduce the problem on two other phones. The person I talked to contacted Nokia about this and received a reply which essentially said that this is a feature of the panel used in the phone.

After that I also called Nokia Care where the customer service rep couldn't reproduce the problem on his own device. He told me to take it to a local repair shop where they basically said the same thing that this is a feature of the panel used in the phone and they might replace it if it gets worse on my device.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
The screen of my N9:

- a green color cast under angle (serious) http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4730

-an overall colour cast like on N8 (Amoled greatness)

-extremely bad rendering of small details like small fonts and graphics in built in web browser
Compared to N900 on same zoom level the N9 Browser / Screen combination is a joke.
I feel like watching an old CRT TV from too close.
Very disappointed about this because I mainly use the device to surf.

I am looking forward to see how other N9's co compare and to sort out if my copy is qualified to be called defective.

Some user experiences with Nokia care seem to confirm that the above is indeed within normal limits.
I fear for eye damage as I like to read news for hours a day.

It sounds almost as predicted: "I should have done more research"

Damn iPhone blogreviewers and Amoled junks.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Can you please try to write a bit more clearly?
In all of your posts, it's almost impossible to understand the point/s you're making.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Can you please try to write a bit more clearly?
In all of your posts, it's almost impossible to understand the point/s you're making.
Seen 2 hrs have elapsed between mine and the post before I will assume your are addressing to me.

I hope you can bring up the effort to catch the main idea.

I have to write quickly and briefly through the working hours right now.

If you like to discuss or exchange information about deviating conduct of N9 screens, pls contact me via PM and with your Skype address.

I think we should wait and see what PR 1.1 brings to the table.

Although it is very annoying to notice these things and more annoying that I have an obsession over these things once I notice them. I believe that if this firmware upgrade, at the very least, tones it down a bit, that would be great. To be honest, during the day, or in brighter conditions, I don't really notice these things and its a joy to use, but when I get back home during the evening or when I am in darker environments, it does start to show, and then I start to become aggravated!

I would hate to know that I have bought something very expensive and have to be dealing with these issues.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brooklyn
i have an 059L7G7, but don't know the screen manufacturer. its set for 20% brightness

reproduction scenario:

1) browse to apache "It works!" welcome page

2) enlarge

3) switch to landscape mode

its really that simple. the screen looks like it has purple pinstripes - see attachment - zoom 200% - look at right side - moire not related.

bottom line, i can live with it.
Attached Images