Active Topics

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Since my N900 suffers from a disconnected USB port, I need to use Bluetooth for connectivity. I have updated the firmware to PR 1.3 and my hope is to use the new Ovi Suite support to sync the N900 with Outlook 2007 on my PC via Bluetooth.

However, I have been completely frustrated in my efforts to get Ovi Suite to find the N900 via Bluetooth? Has anyone been able to do this and if so, what is the method?

Here's what I have done:
  1. Fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit and Ovi Suite 2.2.1.23. The Bluetooth stack is Microsoft (Version: 6.1.7600, Build: 16385).
  2. On the N900, set Bluetooth on and Visible. Go to Devices. Touch New.
  3. On Windows, add Bluetooth device. It finds the N900. I choose Create a pairing code for me and enter it on the N900.
  4. Windows and N900 now apparently are connected. HOWEVER, there are errors.

> Windows puts up this message "Compatibility issues between a Bluetooth service and Windows. A service associated with a Bluetooth enabled device isn't compatible with this version of Windows..."
    > Windows displaye the N900 with a yellow "alert" icon.
    > Windows shows the following Bluetooth services for the N900: Nokia OBEX PC Suite Services; Nokia SyncML Server; Remote Control; SyncML Client.
    > WIndows Device Manager shows 4 Bluetooth Peripheral Devices with yellow "alert" icons.
    > N900 shows no supported profiles for the PC.
  5. Ovi Suite searches and then reports no devices found.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer.

Cheers!

Brad

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Let me add that the yellow "alert" icons are due to missing drivers.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
I'd also like the answer on this one. Reinstalled W7 x64 today and installed Ovi Suite a couple of hours later - And it still fails to find 3/4 drivers for the N900. Just got off the phone with Nokia Customer Care and to my <sarcasm>surprise</sarcasm> they had no clue why it wasn't working.

I know it was working perfectly about a half-year ago with Nokia PC Suite, the drivers were on Windows Update IIRC but now they are nowhere to be found

Supposedly Ovi 3.0 will resolve this but its nowhere to be found(being a beta and all).

well for me i unistall the win7 original version and put a generic win7 os on my lap top, just for the records i didnt do this because the conections issues but for other reasons,
before that i had the same problems u mentioned in here but after that no problems in conections at all, i updated with pr 1.3 and no issues so far