Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I have NOK stock I bought when it was valued so embarassingly high it will never get there again. Hence I will never sell it, it will be my worry forever
Heheheh....I am in the same boat. But I like it. Keeps me reading this deadly serious thread

My mid price is 2.45. Thinking about starting day trading too with another portfolio. I also have some Biotie stock. They recently successfully tested a drug for Alzheimers. We'll hear more about it tomorrow. I'm expecting the stock to rocket..

Google has no plans to develop Windows 8 or WP apps, cites lack of users

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/13/g...ws-phone-apps/

Well....I think I agree with the analysts that the sales are overall low as the shipment volume has been low. I did get Lumia 920 via work, and it is a nice phone...but unpolished compared to iPhone. Light years better than N9 though, but still has quirks and typing not as good as iPhone. Too many corrections need to be made, still better than N9. Notification center is also lacking, supposed to come sometimes soon. Overall it will not be a home run for Nokia. Interestingly, if you look at google trends , lumia 920 is more popular than Samsung galaxy 3 by a large margin. Not sure what that means

Google trends are mostly indicative of what people are searching for, not what people are buying.

The things going on right now around stock prices are pretty clear. Nokia (NOK) has dropped this morning by 2% or so, Google (GOOG) has surged up 10.00 USD mainly due to the Google Maps iOS release and the Maps SDK release, Apple (AAPL) has dropped 4.00 USD probably for the same reasons - Australia saying don't trust/use Apple Maps, Google Maps coming out and the negativity about Apple Maps is that amplified right now in the social media.

And honestly? Nokia 920 isn't making a big splash right now. Folks that are savvy are wondering if there's a 8.5 announcement looming that will render their new phone unlikely to get that update like the Lumia 900 did... or if the 7.8 questionnaire that's circulating means that the upcoming 7.8 update will be rather superficial, only bring a start menu update, or will other updates to software be coming down the pipe? As it stands, it's not a good look for Windows Phone 8.

And Google has slammed another nail into the proverbial coffin - they will not develop for Windows Phone 8. That means that Microsoft needs to start to make more than just a few moves that Google has left open for them to take advantage of. That includes the removal of free Google Apps accounts, Microsoft should follow up with Outlook.com for domains and explain that to people. Stop shoving Bing down people's throats, but start showing how SkyDrive, Office 365 (which costs currently unfortunately) could replace Google Drive.

But instead, Ballmer (well, Microsoft) is talking about how the Microsoft Surface RT is now going to be sold at Best Buy and Staples. Sales around that isn't high either. It needs polish and more apps.

I expect Microsoft stock to drop after the first of the year. I expect Google to continue to gain, but not as much as they've had as of late. I do expect Nokia to drop back to the sub-3.00 prices again because sales figures will be revealed sooner than later. And Apple, I expect them to find out how much the iPad Mini cannibalized their Q4 iPad sales. And if they are truly going to introduce an updated iPad Mini and/or iPad 5th Generation by June, that would mean 3 iterations of their iPad in under 18 months. That's not cool.

Lumia 920 is seen as an overweight, possible dead end. Nothing Nokia can do will change that until Microsoft states otherwise pertaining upgrade paths.

Downward spiral indeed.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Well....I think I agree with the analysts that the sales are overall low as the shipment volume has been low. I did get Lumia 920 via work, and it is a nice phone...but unpolished compared to iPhone. Light years better than N9 though, but still has quirks and typing not as good as iPhone. Too many corrections need to be made, still better than N9. Notification center is also lacking, supposed to come sometimes soon. Overall it will not be a home run for Nokia. Interestingly, if you look at google trends , lumia 920 is more popular than Samsung galaxy 3 by a large margin. Not sure what that means
So you used to say WP7 would be the game-changer then WP7.5 then WP8 and still fail...

Did I read notification centre? The best type of notification centre globally is on the n9; read any review and you get the same thing...

Lumiaman, now you say your shares don't matter as you are watching the fun but man a few months ago your optimism was very different and apparent to see... M$ has shafted NOK and you were one of those jokers accepting it while we were the ones saying it only is a downwards for NOK from thereon... Too bad you lost

I am still optimistic that they will be $20. NOKIA is definitely worth more than RIM. I am just giving my assessment about one phone and not the whole industry. I am long, as I think that wp8 will find traction among 20% of the populace.

The only good thing about N9 was the constant notification ...but going from there to the app was abysmal and everything else about N9 is abysmal, and I can talk about it as I owned more N9s than you ever will.

Just checked out Nokia maps on iPhone. It shows an essence the software gap between Nokia and other companies. Their maps look visually very poor compared to google or even iOS. The resolution just sucks. They could not adopt it for iPhone display. They are again behaving like third world software engineering company. That is why in essence Ty had to go with WP. They can't engineer software to compete.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
WP8 is only step two of five. Nokia do always have a five step plan before they are starting with something new. wp11 is step five of five and will be a game changer. Still unknown to what...

http://nokiapoweruser.com/2012/12/13...ms-lagom-test/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-13 at 21:42.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha