Closed Thread
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
"Yours truly" is usually used to refer to yourself as the speaker who's just said something.
Oh, I know (insert Fawlty Towers reference here ), I should've used quotation marks to emphasize the vague reference to the `burning platforms` memo, signed by `yours truly, Stephen Elop`, which was the equivalent of a head shot behind the barn of the Qt-on-mobile along with Symbian and Maemo/MeeGo.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Qt already is being leveraged by RIM for their new platform. I saw a post somewhere about being able to do Python + Qt applications for Blackberry 10. That sounds like a very enticing proposition for me. I wish RIM success with that. How ironic would it be that RIM overtakes Nokia using Qt. Of course the patent war is not goingb tgo be preatty. It feels like we are on the verge of an all out MAD patent war.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Qt already is being leveraged by RIM for their new platform. I saw a post somewhere about being able to do Python + Qt applications for Blackberry 10. That sounds like a very enticing proposition for me. I wish RIM success with that. How ironic would it be that RIM overtakes Nokia using Qt. Of course the patent war is not goingb tgo be preatty. It feels like we are on the verge of an all out MAD patent war.
True dat. Plus after checking out Blackbery10 it seems like my next smartphone after my N9 dies or is killed(not that it hasn't been shot at enough by i's own maker)unless cannocal comes up with a reall good ubuntu phone(whishful thinking FTW).

And I don't think there's gonna be a patent war because in case you want to enter one you need to have money to spend on it and failop made sure that there wont be any of those left LOL

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
And I don't think there's gonna be a patent war because in case you want to enter one you need to have money to spend on it and failop made sure that there wont be any of those left LOL
http://press.nokia.com/2012/05/02/no...tual-property/

Patent suits filed against HTC, RIM and Viewsonic in the US and Germany
Long are gone the times when Nokia used patents only to defend itself against patent trolls. Now Nokia has become patent troll itself, Microsoft's own (not even) bottom *****, lumia.

There is very little to like about Nokia nowadays. Bully attitude and bad karma from Microsoft has infected Nokia.

Last edited by zimon; 2012-05-04 at 22:07.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Learn Java, Dalvik and Android. Qt and Nokia do not have any future.
Qt is alive even without nokia. So please dont spread FUD about stuff you dont have a clue about!!

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ alor star
this is the time to appoint the community of maemo.org as nokia new ceo.... thousand of brains is always good than just one elop brain.. hehehe

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
When does a stock officially become a penny stock?

Originally Posted by ir.miringila View Post
this is the time to appoint the community of maemo.org as nokia new ceo.... thousand of brains is always good than just one elop brain.. hehehe
My first point of order would be to appoint Lumiaman as the janitor

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Qt is alive even without nokia. So please dont spread FUD about stuff you dont have a clue about!!
I meant in a mobile world, Qt is pretty much dead. In desktop world, Qt is OK alive and I'd rather see Qt applications in Linux-desktops in the future than GTK-applications. (But maybe most likely Python/Qt applications and I hope Python-JIT-interpreter keeps developing and starts to use modern run-time optimizing compiler techniques.)

But if you are in a business of making applications to a mobile end users, I think Qt is dead. You should not ignore Java/Android, because IMO more and more in the future the markets will be there for both in low-end and high-end smartphones. Only total catastrophe from the Oracle vs Google legal fight over Java can stop Android now anymore.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
When does a stock officially become a penny stock?
You might want to give a read over here--they explain delisting and penny stocks: http://www.investopedia.com/articles...#axzz1tz0cAnXF

You're welcome.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen