Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Hey,
this is COMPLETELY Off-topic but I still need your help, my little brother (7 years old) got an iPod Touch 4 months ago, and I don't know why he insists on putting a passcode for it and I was worried that he might forget it, which what just happened, and I don't deal with apple so I careless about how to Jailbreak it or so, I only deal with MeeGo, so I don't want to restore it, and I heard that if I go to the iPod drive in My Computer and show the hidden files I will find a folder called ipod_control, but I can only find "Internal Storage" and in it a folder called "DCIM", can someone help me find the folder "ipod_control" to go and deal with the passcode file?
Thanks

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Hey,
this is COMPLETELY Off-topic but I still need your help, my little brother (7 years old) got an iPod Touch 4 months ago, and I don't know why he insists on putting a passcode for it and I was worried that he might forget it, which what just happened, and I don't deal with apple so I careless about how to Jailbreak it or so, I only deal with MeeGo, so I don't want to restore it, and I heard that if I go to the iPod drive in My Computer and show the hidden files I will find a folder called ipod_control, but I can only find "Internal Storage" and in it a folder called "DCIM", can someone help me find the folder "ipod_control" to go and deal with the passcode file?
Thanks
ipod_control is a hidden folder.
Try this:
1. Uninstall iTunes.
2. Connect your iPod.
3. Open the mass storage drive which appears (in My Computer if you are using Windows)

Hopefully you will find it. If not, browse through all the hidden folders which appears inside the mass storage drive.

If you do not want to uninstall iTunes, disable the auto opening of iTunes when you connect an iPod/Apple device.

PS: You have to enable settings to view hidden files. Tools -> Folder Options -> Show hidden files and folders.

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2012-08-08 at 06:02.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
ipod_control is a hidden folder.
Try this:
1. Uninstall iTunes.
2. Connect your iPod.
3. Open the mass storage drive which appears (in My Computer if you are using Windows)

Hopefully you will find it. If not, browse through all the hidden folders which appears inside the mass storage drive.

If you do not want to uninstall iTunes, disable the auto opening of iTunes when you connect an iPod/Apple device.

PS: You have to enable settings to view hidden files. Tools -> Folder Options -> Show hidden files and folders.
I did all of this, but the problem is that it doesn't connect in mass storage mode, it shows as a portable device (Apple iPod Touch) and I can only see there "Internal Storage" and in it "DCIM" and I even showed the hidden files, those are all they are...