Active Topics

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Lahore, Pakistan.
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
from CSSU features config enable "force rotation"

*On "CSSU tuner" I have this option. I bet it's on "CSSU features config" as well
i have already set this option to Forced and the other option "Around axis" is also set to "Z" . but not to avail

let me tell u in brief :
1. after updating to cssu stable (yesterday) i m not receiving mails on my device 2. rotation is not taking place 3. my device has become more slower 4 . i have installed tweak flash plugin and set it to android version but facebook and website videos are not playing
5. microB is misbehaving (as not displaying stuff properly)
i can not enable maemo.org (extras) simltaniously with cssu repository and testing repo . " i have to disable the maemo.org rep in order to update the other two repos and vice versa .

i had a great impression for cssu before installing it but i dont think it was a good idea installing it...

but still trying and hoping for things to become normal

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by saqi.saleem View Post
i have already set this option to Forced and the other option "Around axis" is also set to "Z" . but not to avail

let me tell u in brief :
1. after updating to cssu stable (yesterday) i m not receiving mails on my device 2. rotation is not taking place 3. my device has become more slower 4 . i have installed tweak flash plugin and set it to android version but facebook and website videos are not playing
5. microB is misbehaving (as not displaying stuff properly)
i can not enable maemo.org (extras) simltaniously with cssu repository and testing repo . " i have to disable the maemo.org rep in order to update the other two repos and vice versa .

i had a great impression for cssu before installing it but i dont think it was a good idea installing it...

but still trying and hoping for things to become normal
hmmm...before you install Stable version did you full re-flash you device???
full re-flash is including flashing Fiasco Images & eMMC vanilla as well...a full-reflash is the best way if you wanted to use Stable version...just remember to make backup before you start flashing your devices...

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
hmmm...before you install Stable version did you full re-flash you device???
full re-flash is including flashing Fiasco Images & eMMC vanilla as well...a full-reflash is the best way if you wanted to use Stable version...just remember to make backup before you start flashing your devices...
NO ! i did not made a full or partial reflash as i m afraid of losing my beloved N900 forever. i have read threads about people bricking their device and losing their devise and money as well.

but still if there is no other way, i am willing to reflash my devise but there is a confusion . when i go to the nokia repo for downloading the emmc and fiasco images i get confused for which file/image to download . if i provide u my devices's IMEI number, will u suggest me the exact and appropriate images name.
thanks for ur continous help

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
"mp-fremantle-community-pr" can only be upgrade using application manager....you cannot upgrade it using faster application manager or by using command in x-term....

as for the missing files try....

Code:
apt-get remove libwildmidi0
an-output will show which apps/packages are using those files...you can re-install those apps/packages to fixed you missing packages....
thank you for your help. In fact the problem is like this:
1-I try to update CSSU namely "mp-fremantle-community-pr" in app manager..But IN Details i read this :"missing package libwildmidi0"
2-It shows me a message that I should update this package using "Nokia PC Suite" which in turn will guide me to update this package.
3-when i connect my device to Nokia PC suite and open "nokia software updater" it shows that I have the latest software version.

so I don't know what the problem is??
hope that somebody know anything abut this problem

Last edited by AnasSyria; 2012-03-29 at 21:12.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
The 2nd upgrade is here!

The list of changes can be found here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...830.03.2012.29

The most interesting part probably is, that portrait wallpapers now work.
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true
Reboot, rotate your device to portrait and assing a wallpaper with the ususal menu, this wallpaper settings is stored seperately from the landscape wallpaper, so you can have dedicated portait wallpapers now .

Of course this only works if you've enabled desktop rotation, todo that and other things see http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/FeaturesStable

Last edited by merlin1991; 2012-03-30 at 17:57.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Update via HAM.

Problem with 9 desktop disappear.

Greetings.

"Removed zoom functionality."
Zoom on press still works although I do not see the line in transitions.ini. Please advise.

Meanwhile, I am seeing graphic artifacts on the top black line in the Select connection screen. Rebooting made it go away, but now I'm seeing them on one of the desktop backgrounds.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I found some parts of transitions.ini got changed, after this update.
A reboot fixed most, app shortcut size changed back to default.
I used theme customizer to fix that.

Thank you, for the update.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

After receiving some suggestions to my problems posted above, i couldn't correct anything . so i left every effort and started using my N900 for normal routine tasks. all of a sudden all things got running better , i mean all my problems with my device just vanished. everything is now in perfect health on my device . i found about an update for the cssu stable and updated it . now my beloved N900 has got wings (IMO) . i m very happy and enjoying. it is loving me back .

i m greedy again and now i want to taste nitdroid on my device . what to do please advise .. i know this will make all of u acting like angry birds but ........... i want to do it automatically and not manually and again .... dont want reflash hehehe..
love u all
Saqib Saleem

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
RE: f*cking up N900 with NITroid
------------------
...never touch a running system.™ This should have come to your mind, especially now that everything seems working, not?