Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by u2maemo View Post
3 month late, where is the driver?
Actually first news about the driver came more than half a year ago. Check the 3D accelerator thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mixu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
Actually first news about the driver came more than half a year ago. Check the 3D accelerator thread.
I am waiting for Mer and hope my N810 can be upgraded after Nokia stop support.

N810's screen size is good and for user who only need a web tool in the place with WIFI spot, I can not find excuse to give up N810.

Hope both TI and Nokia can find way to let this device continue to serve its user.

A good solution not only help current Nokia's product user but also influence faith of upcoming consumer.

waiting & patience

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to u2maemo For This Useful Post:
Same here! Right now, I see little reason to get rid of my n810 --- especially since N900 has such a small screen and my G1 already does what I need from a phone. I'm very much looking forward to the future of my n810 w/ mer!

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
What is Mer up to now? Its like we don't hear anything anymore, no new release, nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to FRZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
What is Mer up to now? Its like we don't hear anything anymore, no new release, nothing.
You can follow the activities on
http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer#Latest_activity

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by u2maemo View Post
I am waiting for Mer and hope my N810 can be upgraded after Nokia stop support.

N810's screen size is good and for user who only need a web tool in the place with WIFI spot, I can not find excuse to give up N810.

Hope both TI and Nokia can find way to let this device continue to serve its user.

A good solution not only help current Nokia's product user but also influence faith of upcoming consumer.

waiting & patience
Well, I'm waiting Mer too but I have become little bit sceptic about it lately. Maybe it's the lack or Mer related news here in TMO, I don't know. Seems that the focus has shifted to N900 also in Mer development (OpenGL 2.0 ES required currently for example).
Actually, I'm just damn impatient and making up excuses. Hopefully Mer will be usable also in N8x0 soon.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
Well, I'm waiting Mer too but I have become little bit sceptic about it lately. Maybe it's the lack or Mer related news here in TMO, I don't know. Seems that the focus has shifted to N900 also in Mer development (OpenGL 2.0 ES required currently for example).
Actually, I'm just damn impatient and making up excuses. Hopefully Mer will be usable also in N8x0 soon.
Sign up to the mer chatter mailing list for news. 0.17 is about to be released after several testing images, all of which had a buld for the N8x0s.

Once 0.17 is out of the door, which is really slow on an N8x0, then I understand they will be testing speed improvement, which I am looking forward to.

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
You can follow the activities on
http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer#Latest_activity
That page just hurts my eyes.

Originally Posted by jcharpak View Post
That page just hurts my eyes.
QFT.

I'm just doing my regular check-in to see if anything is happening with Mer.

I've personally left the forums as for an N810 owner it became too hard to use (read: to avoid all the N900-related topics).

There might had been a solution developed but unfortunately Texrat just had to step in and slow it all down. Oh well, to each his own.

Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
QFT.
I'm just doing my regular check-in to see if anything is happening with Mer.
Also my reason to visit this forum from time to time..

Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
I've personally left the forums as for an N810 owner it became too hard to use (read: to avoid all the N900-related topics).
I feel you, man! This used to be much nicer place.