At the current time, no. Perhaps one day someone with more knowledge about maemo than me will figure it out or point me in the right direction but for now i am using another phone.

hi!
Thanks for the reply..

There is one thing i didnt try..

Flashing just the CMT image.. with options
--cmt-2nd=ARG : Location of CMT FIASCO 2nd image
--cmt-algo=ARG : ocation of CMT FIASCO algorithm image
--cmt-mcusw=ARG : Location of CMT FIASCO MCUSW image
The arguments are not clear..

Do you think this might work..

Sounds like you know more about it than me.

Might as well give it a try.

as i said i have only half knowledge.. can anyone suggest where i can get the CMT files..

They are all included in the "FIASCO" image, or rootfs by another name.

Nokia Care ended up replacing my phone that displayed these problems (I had similar if not identical messages in dmesg), so repair is probably expensive. In my case I could reliably trigger the issue by pinching phone with thumb and finger at the "h" on the keyboard, which made me decide to send it to Nokia under warranty.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
For me, it wasn't software error. When I shaked the phone too hard, about 8-10 seconds after "SIM failure", "CMT reset,,," in logs, etc.

I decided to open the phone. I opened it to motherboard. On the side where battery is, there is cell module (when you remove battery, there is sim card holder and free space with some label, so cell module is behind it).
So, I opened shield around cell module. There are 4 ICs under it. I made something like little springs, glued it to ICs, and closed shield. Shield distended a little.
springs photo

So, in conclusion, no sim failure after this. Before, if I keep phone in pocket and walk, failure was every 2 minutes.
Problem was even if open slider too fast.

I will write a post later with more photos.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ForeverYoung For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung View Post
For me, it wasn't software error. When I shaked the phone too hard, about 8-10 seconds after "SIM failure", "CMT reset,,," in logs, etc.

I decided to open the phone. I opened it to motherboard. On the side where battery is, there is cell module (when you remove battery, there is sim card holder and free space with some label, so cell module is behind it).
So, I opened shield around cell module. There are 4 ICs under it. I made something like little springs, glued it to ICs, and closed shield. Shield distended a little.
springs photo

So, in conclusion, no sim failure after this. Before, if I keep phone in pocket and walk, failure was every 2 minutes.
Problem was even if open slider too fast.

I will write a post later with more photos.
Could you please explain a bit more more in detail ??

What? Repair process?

Open N900, look manual. It's in Russian, you can find it in English I think.
Or watch this.
Do steps 1-13.

Open GSM module shield with thin screwdriver (shield is not soldered, it is closed like box).
Then glue some springs and close everything in reverse order.

Some more photos covering my specific steps.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ForeverYoung For This Useful Post:
Proper way of repairing this is reballing, I think. Or frying motherboard by fan or in gas-stove (last is not proper ).
But I have no instruments/experience in this.

The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverYoung For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung View Post
Open GSM module shield with thin screwdriver (shield is not soldered, it is closed like box).
Then glue some springs and close everything in reverse order.
Many, Many thanks, ForeverYoung!. After the exact symptoms reported in this thread, and roughly copying your ingenious solution, my N900 is reliable again, hopefully ready for another few years of faithful service.

Ive got a few photos and writeup of my implementation of this fix here:
http://www.jabawok.net/?p=14

Heres one:

Thanks again!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jabawok For This Useful Post: