Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
Well, at first, the 770 and me weren't that good friends, after a while i got used to it, and after yesterdays' update, things are looking good...

only one problem, my main mail account is a .mac account and a seconday is a gmail.....

No matter what i configure (POP, IMAP) on .mac does the client seems to store the mail in the inbox.

What basically happens is, i configure the client, it downloads all messages correctly, i can open them, read them, whatever...

then as soon as i close the client, all messages are gone, and it never syncs again... the messages still in the inbox are ignored and not shown, and any new message isn't retreived...

Is this just a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance...

Cuckoo

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
There is a setting called īLeave e-mail on serverī in mailbox settings. (advanced button on last tab) Is that what you're looking for?

Not really....

It seems like a bug, that although the mail credentials are saved the client just seems to work once...... after a restart nothing works...

Originally Posted by cuckoo
Well, at first, the 770 and me weren't that good friends, after a while i got used to it, and after yesterdays' update, things are looking good...

only one problem, my main mail account is a .mac account and a seconday is a gmail.....

No matter what i configure (POP, IMAP) on .mac does the client seems to store the mail in the inbox.

What basically happens is, i configure the client, it downloads all messages correctly, i can open them, read them, whatever...

then as soon as i close the client, all messages are gone, and it never syncs again... the messages still in the inbox are ignored and not shown, and any new message isn't retreived...

Is this just a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance...

Cuckoo
I can't offer any help but can share some thoughts, mainly because I'm having problems with my own .Mac account using IMAP.

What I saw with the previous build is messages deleted on the server that may or may not delete on the client when I synch, generally not. With the previous build I also had unrecoverable errors which meant I had to delete and recreate the account.

The message deletion is still there but so far, touch wood, the account hasn't broken completely.

I did find a setting in the Apple email client which seemed to imply messages on the server are not deleted when you think they are, but some time later or when you exit the client which could have been causing some, but not all, of my synching problems.

POP seems less problematical but still has the deleted messages problem and I want my folders.

I had a similar problem when I first set up my POP email. It would download the messages, but they would not be there the next time I opened the email client. I also had a problem viewing the emails. It would take a long time to show the message or it would just close out. I noticed that one of the messages did not contain the expected text, but contained the text from a previous read report message. I had turned on the 'Request Read Report' option when I set up the account. I deleted the account and recreated it without the 'Request Read Report' option and everything works great now.

I'm not sure if you have this option turned on or not, or if you are changing any other advanced options... If so, it might not hurt to delete your account and recreate it using all the default advanced options.

FYI... I'm using a U.S. device (0.2005.40-18)

I have no Read Report set.

But i do have some extra SSL settings, i hope i can turn those off, will try tonight..

thanks for the hint! I'll keep you posted!