I´m running Windows XP MCE 2005 on my htpc and I´m serching for a device that I can remotley control my htpc with.

I would like the 770 to show the display of my htpc on it when im for exampel in the kitchen. Then I would like to be abel to wiew the playlist and manage it and even look at coverarts and so on, without having to run to the livingroom every time I like to change track. Have anyone tried this?

If it works I would die for a step by step guide on how to configurate the system. I´m a total newbee on Linux.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
When (note, not if) some VNC client is released on 770, you can do that by installing vnc server on yout windows machine (this is really easy) and then connecting to it with 770. After that, you 770 will see everything you windows is showing on screen and will be able to send keyboard and mouse click event to your windows.

Ah! Sounds wery nice. Do you have any idea when this would be released? Do you think the bandwith will be big enough to stream movies and television to the 770?

VNC isn't usefull for streaming. You have to get other apps to do that. VNC is used for controlling a remote pc. There are plenty of streaming media server softwares out there that you can use for streaming.

VNC is only on the requested apps list. I'm quite sure that a client will be ported soon enough. It seems that quite a few people are looking forward to it.

Apparently a version of a port of vnc client has already been done.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Correct Konttori;

http://nokia770.com/233