Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I LOVE my N900.

But I can't recommend it to my mum, dad, sister, cousins etc.

That says a lot really. There are better phones for everday joes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
The price is why I would not tell the average Joe to get one. Other than that if the guy just wants to do the basic the phone will do it nicely! Than after a year or so he/she may want more out of a phone. Now they don't have to buy another phone. Just learn more about the phone and your set.

Sorry, but I had to do this.
Meego?
No, YOU GO
*slaps*
*defensive slap*
"How can she slap!!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DpGEHaa6dY

The Following User Says Thank You to remister For This Useful Post:
yes buy it,,,it is great
i just bought it yesterday, and i like the screen, multiple desktops, keyboard and most of all it is linux and Xterminal.
all what u mentioned above u can do it..

Originally Posted by anthony_barker View Post
Browser is very good - more responsive than microb
(but that probably is a webkit vs gecko thing)
I have used the browser on the HTC Incredible and the browser on the N900 and let me tell you that the N900 Browser is a lot more pleasant to use.

First, the screen is better on the N900, so when you are looking at anything tiny, the N900 is easier on the eyes.

Second, zooming is waaay better on the N900. Every time you zoom in Android, the text gets reformatted and you have to readjust where you are looking or move the screen a bit.

Third, everything renders better on the N900. Web pages seem to render more accurately.

Webkit MIGHT be a bit more responsive, but that is all it has going for it, in my opinion.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai, China
I cant wait anymore !!!

So ...

I just bought N900, wondering whether Nokia will provide officical upgrade to Meego ...

Actually, I hope the next generation Nokia Meego device (N9-00 or N920) do not have QWENTY keyboard or not as good as N900 from some aspects.

lol. I know its a kind of selfish.

The good news is that N900 will support Qt4.6. That means maybe many new apps on Meego can run under Maemo. I think if 90% of the new apps (especially some important, hot apps) of Meego can run on Maemo, then I can make a comprimise on this.

Last edited by lanwellon; 2010-05-20 at 09:01.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
yesterday I lost my n900

still buy another n900? or wait for meego device? after CES should be any news no?

Protect your confidential information by installing Wallet for N9 and N900.
Visit: http://www.nowhereman.eu

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
I don't think Meego are ready anytime soon.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Nokia aren't announcing anything at CES. If they announce something it will be at Mobile World Congress next month or maybe a later event. I wouldn't count on anything in the immediate future, but nobody here really knows what Nokia's plans are, even if they are actually still going to release a Meego device. If they do, it may not be much like Maemo at all, so you might not be happy with it anyway. So you'll just have to take your chances, maybe they'll release something in the next couple of months, maybe it'll be in April around when or shortly after Meego 1.2 is released, or maybe not at all, you wont get a good answer here. And even if Nokia do release a new Meego device soon, you'll probably best off giving it a few months to prove itself, and for some of the inevitable bugs to be fixed. You are probably best buying another one if that is what you really want, and you can sell it when something better comes out.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
still buy another n900? or wait for meego device?
The fast paced mobile world being what it is, a new, better device is always announced just after you've spent all your money on, and can no longer return, an existing device. So, buy an N900 now, but be prepared for a possible MeeGo announcement soon after.

Sure, that will be frustrating for you, but think of the rest of us. We've been waiting for an announcement for so long, and you'll be doing us all a great service by getting things moving.

(I have no idea if an announcement is forthcoming. I don't get any inside information.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:

Tags
buy n900?, buy now or later?, contagious!!, do not get it!!, emeni should not buy, maemo 10 = real phone, n900 helicopter, stay away!!!, swine flu!!, wait for harmattan?, wait for meego?, wait for n920?, what's a compter?