Notices

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
In terms of power and speed, which is better for gaming? Is the Nokia N810 powerful enough to run DS games if an emulator was made?

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
The DS is much less powerful, but is much better for games. The N800 has a 3/4 speed GameBoyAdvance emulator, but a DS emulator is pretty much completely impossible. If you want to play games, get a DS. If you want to do anything else, get an N810.

-John

PS: Also, the N810's D-Pad sucks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnx For This Useful Post:
I have a DSi, I was just wondering that's all.

Thanks for answering my question

Gohan, the N810 could be better for gaming if game publishers supported it, but at the moment most people with an N810 don't buy it for games so publishers don't release any games on it.

The DS hardware is pretty old and slow, it's much worse than the N810 hardware, but everyone who has a DS has bought it for games, so games publishers support it a lot.

Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Gohan, the N810 could be better for gaming if game publishers supported it, but at the moment most people with an N810 don't buy it for games so publishers don't release any games on it.

The DS hardware is pretty old and slow, it's much worse than the N810 hardware, but everyone who has a DS has bought it for games, so games publishers support it a lot.
It's a shame then when we have to run SNES and GBA games (even some of these have problems), instead of things more powerful like DS games. I bet even Sega Saturn and N64 games would work pretty well on a N810 if the support was there.

Tags
dsi, games, n810, nintendo ds, noka