Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Hi everyone,

I'm a happy new owner of a n900 (it's been one week now) and the experience so far has been great (after fixing some little glitches, thanks to the many threads of this forum!)

I don't have a data-plan (I don't like being rob...) and my office wifi network uses Cisco's EAP-FAST to protect the corporate network (so I can't get my n900 on the wifi network...)

So my fall-back plan to synchronize my Exchange emails was the usb networking capabilities of the phone. I added the proper iptables entries on my laptop (running Gentoo Linux) and I can access the web (as well as the company internal network) with ssh or the MicroB browser without trouble. Ye!

Sadly, when I launch the Exchange synchronization process, the list of wifi networks pops and I'm asked to choose a connection...

Anybody got the exchange sync feature working off the usb networking? (Another cool tip would be if someone knows how to get the EAP-FAST support...)

Thanks!

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
(sorry for replying to my own thread)

Actually, I notice that the Application Manager has the same behaviour: I can browse the web (and the Ovi store) but when I try to install some software from the web, the App Manager starts and ask me to choose an internet connection from the wifi networks list..

Any idea why the "usb0" interface can't be used for email & app installation?