Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
the whatsapp thread has almost 500 entries. get the L900 it has it.
it also has a push gtalk app.
GoVoice is good for Google Voice. But the N9 has Gtalk video and QVDial works sometimes (I personally had issues with it)...

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
another 'lumiaman, pfffffft
got that for the wife. for an unbeatable price of $0, with nokia giving a $100 for the data bug and 2yr upgrade.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
GoVoice is good for Google Voice. But the N9 has Gtalk video and QVDial works sometimes (I personally had issues with it)...
l900 has skype beta with video.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
LoL they're actually calling other smartphone users beta testers while every Lumia phone they have released had MAJOR bugs in it.
That's what makes this even more fun on another level.
Nokia might just start out using people as Alpha testers seeing they can't beat the 'Beta' phones.
Still funny when Ice-T goes mad in the elevator

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
l900 has skype beta with video.
Yeah, I got that. But it's decidedly beta.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
P.S. I found out 1-2 days ago, MAG also got a Nokia Lumia
It's a gift for anyone with a launchpad account
It's not an upgrade nor a downgrade really, as a phone it beats all te devices I've used, quick for stuff like calls and texting.
The N900 may have offered more features but frankly, it sucked as a phone, choking when there's an incoming call.

The UI is well thought out really, best there is right now, it's not a standard looking OS but anyone I've handed the device to could explore it easily, whereas with the N950 I had to explain swiping.

As for what's under the hood, there's not much, multitasking is suspending and resuming the apps, it even says resuming at times even with the 1.4GHz CPU, probably due to an IO bottleneck.

For the average consumer it's a good device all in all, for most Maemo power users, it's probably something you'll not want to get.

BTW, WP7 is a strong comeback really, WM sucked a lot compared to it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
The L900 is a good phone hardware-wise. Windows Phone is a good OS by itself. The thing is that Nokia already had Maemo and Meego and decided to drop them for this - and end (more or less) the run of the most versatile series made.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
For the average consumer it's a good device all in all, for most Maemo power users, it's probably something you'll not want to get.

BTW, WP7 is a strong comeback really, WM sucked a lot compared to it
This sums up my opinion about the Lumia 710/800/910, having had all 3.

For a power user it's no good. For the average user it's great.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Oh f*ck, we're truly devolving.
I'd say that's quite apparent already with Maemo/MeeGo, Symbian and webOS all biting the dust in an increasingly dumbed-down market.

I'll exclude Android from that particular criticism though because when it gets Ubuntu on board later this year I'm going to skip around like a little girl.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post

I'll exclude Android from that particular criticism though because when it gets Ubuntu on board later this year I'm going to skip around like a little girl.
please explain.