Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
I am trying to pair my Navman GPS 4400. The problem is the passphrase for the GPS unit is 'NAVMAN' and the N800 only allows numerals, with all the alphabetic keys greyed out.

Is there anything I can do?

BT passcodes are just numeric. Maybe they are using numbers based on the telephone. Try using the numbers if you typed "NAVMAN" on a telephone.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Thanks for the tip but no joy.

Googling this, it looks like i'm not alone and letters are allowed but Nokia exclude them. A lot of people have had problems with Nokia phones.

No way to change it. While the Bluetooth standards/specifications do not explicitely limit the pairing code to numbers only, Nokia's implementation seems to do so.
I found this but when you run the .exe on a PC it looks for activsync so it must be for windows mobile.

Is it asking for a passcode? If so, the password for the Navman is NAVMAN. To enter the password you will also need to download the following file: http://www.angeltowns.com/town/bluet...bleCharPin.zip This enable you to use characters. If you also set both comm ports to 4, all should work. Thats how mine is set up and it works ok.