Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Trying to come up with a way to move files from my camera onto my N800 I thought I had a Brian wave......

I have a Pocket PC with both CF & SD slots and bluetooth and a CF card converter to read my camera card, so being able to get my pics onto the pocket PC without problem it would only be a case then of moving them onto the N800..... so I though Bluetooth!

Paired the devices, no problem..

Went to file manager and click bluetooth, up pops a window on the pocket PC saying "OBEX file transfer" accept or decline so I click accept to get "unable to connect to remote device"

I try the other way and explore the N800 from the pocket PC, they connect fine but I get the message on the pocket PC saying:

"the device does not offer any usable services. please enable any desired services ....."

I'm so near but so far, I have a connection between the two devices but just need to use it to move files.

Is there anyting I can load onto either the N800 or even the pocket PC to help them talk to each other?

Any ideas or is it a lost cause?

I have found a way to do this but there must be something easier.

I can put my camera card in the PDA, move a picture by bluetooth to my moto V3 phone then move it by Bluetooth again to my N800.

But what a pain to get a picture from my camera to my N800.

I dont understand why the N800 and PDA don't talk over Bluetooth?

The Following User Says Thank You to kudos1uk For This Useful Post:
Guys, still not getting far with this. I think is partly compatability issues. I have the Widcomm stack on my Pocket PC and I have been reading of issues with this that might not happen with the M/soft stack.

I have also been reading about things for the Nokia, eg:

Bluetooth xfer (OBEX OPUSH send and receive)
menush

http://maemo.org/community/wiki/applicationcatalog2006/

But these are for the 770 and don't know if they will work with the 800 and being a bit of a newbe I'm a bit lost at some of the instruction.

I have got osso-xterm installed ok though.

Help...