Notices

Ive had my n900 for a while and use it as an mp3 player on a daily basis. Last weekend I organized all my music with a tag editor, so the artists, albums and genres are very neat. There are various problems with the media player though... A bunch of songs are missing information, says unknown artist unknown album etc. Also when i categorize into genres, there are about 6 genres that have just one song, and are not the proper genres that I tagged it with. I already downloaded THREE other media players: tunewiki, canola and mediabox and the tags work perfectly on all three of these. Besides that, each one of these programs is useless to me for one reason or the other. When all those three failed, I tried going into X tracker and clearing the media cache. This also failed as I still have 49 songs without artists when in fact, the other media players display the artist clear as day. Ive been working on this for 3 days, anybody have any suggestions because Im about to throw this thing out the window.

Originally Posted by adamhiger View Post
Ive had my n900 for a while and use it as an mp3 player on a daily basis. Last weekend I organized all my music with a tag editor, so the artists, albums and genres are very neat. There are various problems with the media player though... A bunch of songs are missing information, says unknown artist unknown album etc. Also when i categorize into genres, there are about 6 genres that have just one song, and are not the proper genres that I tagged it with. I already downloaded THREE other media players: tunewiki, canola and mediabox and the tags work perfectly on all three of these. Besides that, each one of these programs is useless to me for one reason or the other. When all those three failed, I tried going into X tracker and clearing the media cache. This also failed as I still have 49 songs without artists when in fact, the other media players display the artist clear as day. Ive been working on this for 3 days, anybody have any suggestions because Im about to throw this thing out the window.
Lol I have given up on the media player. Spent weeks tagging all my music perfectly. Months actually. And all my tags functioned properly on all my previous devices and on Media Box as you mentioned but not on the media player. I have even tried different tag editor software programmes.

It is little things like this that frustrate me so much about Nokia. And all these things add up to make it a very very far from perfect device for the general consumer and also contribute to why Nokia is being left behind in the smart phone segment.

Sorry I couldn't assist but just had to voice my frustration at the total failure of the media player.

I KNOW WAT UR ****ING SAYING MAN.
I had the N90 in 2005, N93i til 2008 N96 until 09 N97 until december 09 and now Ive got the N900. Each time I can feel nokia falling inches short of absolute perfect. I would say this device is 99% perfect especially compared to the N97 and N96 failures that cost me 1000$. Overall I love the device and can hardly come up with complaints but this tags ******** is driving me insane because its the ONLY problem im currently having with the phone. I love it so much I just want perfection.

I figure now I will use tunewiki BUT I CANT ORGANIZE BY GENRE OR listen to a shuffle of a single artists discography!

Please let me know of another application, i can keep my hopes up, fifth times a charm!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Since I bought Media monkey and added album art etc to the music file my N900 has performed perfectly as a media player.

There are other tools that do similar.

Alright Ill trust you on that one. Ill report back.....

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
try tracker-processes -r in terminal, that fixed my music after i edited tags

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
It could be that the ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags are different - different media players will handle this differently. Tag editors should have the option to synchronise these, or to force a full write out of both sets.

Hi buddy this just happens through ape tagging just convert your track coding to id3 its a source by which your media player collects media tag details was also suffering with same problem

best way to convert all track to id3 just install itunes add files to library from your mobile or direct PC then select all tracks and right click and convert to id3 2.4and its done no more unknown errors

restart your mobile once

Actually this is not a browser fault player.You remove the memory card and reinsert.

how to setup outlook | r2 studio

Last edited by mpuhl299; 2013-01-30 at 17:37.