Okay, I can now announce a brand new dedicated and unofficial Maemo site, All About Maemo:

http://www.allaboutmaemo.com/news/it..._Maemo_AAM.php

It's from the same people who do All About Symbian, the web's most popular unofficial Symbian site, and it will be covering both the N900 and any other Maemo-powered devices.

We haven't received any money from Nokia or anyone else, this is a totally independent site, so we are free to cover whatever it is you want us to cover.

This is very much a beta or soft launch, so there are still a few rough edges but hopefully we'll sort those out as they're discovered. If there's anything you think we can do better, or if you spot any bugs or mistakes, please let us know and we'll try to fix things.

The head of AAS, Rafe Blandford, will also be writing for AAM, and you may see him pop up on this forum from time to time too.

I'll be writing on there as Tzer2, and we should see a few other columnists too in the near future.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Okay, I can now announce a brand new dedicated and unofficial Maemo site: All About Maemo:

http://www.allaboutmaemo.com/news/it..._Maemo_AAM.php

It's from the same people who do All About Symbian, the web's most popular unofficial Symbian site, and it will be covering both the N900 and any other Maemo-powered devices.

We haven't received any money from Nokia or anyone else, this is a totally independent site, so we are free to cover whatever it is you want us to cover.

This is very much a beta or soft launch, so there are still a few rough edges but hopefully we'll sort those out as they're discovered. If there's anything you think we can do better, or if you spot any bugs or mistakes, please let us know and we'll try to fix things.

The head of AAS, Rafe Blandford, will also be writing for AAM, and you may see him pop up on this forum from time to time too.

I'll be writing on there as Tzer2, and we should see a few other columnists too in the near future.
Congrats, krisse. I hope it works out for you.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Best wishes! Please aggregate it to http://maemo.org/news for comfort and thumbs.

...oh yeah, forgot to mention: AAS's other sister site Ovi Gaming will be providing Maemo 5 game coverage too, which will be cross-linked on AAM so you don't miss it.

Thanks for the good wishes!

I'd just draw your attention to the site's Features section as it has several Maemo articles I wrote some time ago which have never been published before:

http://www.allaboutmaemo.com/features/

They were written when we thought we were launching much earlier, so they've been knocked off the front page by subsequent news items but they are still accessible through Features.

I'm Rafe (who krisse alluded to above).

I'm a newbie to t.m.o., although I've been lurking here, following discussions, for some time. I'll try and join actively in a bit more now. I've kept a close eye on Maemo over the year and still have my 770, N800 and N810 (which lives next to the couch for TV related surfing).

I also want to underline what krisse said - would very much like to hear feedback and ideas. I'll happily answer any questions and/or feedback I can about All About Maemo. You can also contact me via rafe@allaboutmaemo.com vand on Twitter via @rafeblandford or @allaboutmaemo.

I'm looking forward to attending the Maemo Summit at the end of the week, listening to the sessions and, of course, meeting lots of people. I suspect it might have a slightly different feel to Nokia World

I'll be providing live blogging and general coverage on the site. Please do come and tell me about interesting things you think should be covered on the site.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rafe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Rafe View Post
I'm looking forward to attending the Maemo Summit at the end of the week
I loved that video from Nokia World in which you stormed through the stalls and demo booths. Could we please have similar video from Maemo summit, pretty please

Rauha - I'll do my best. I'll to find a volunteer camera man... and I don't think the show floor will be quite so extensive!