i hope this is not a big problem... i already had too many problems with my n900...

i followed THIS guide ("how to reflash")
no problem for the os, but when i try to reset the emmc, when I use the command, the usb icon on the mobile screen disappear and the windows terminal freezes at the "Suitable USB device not found, waiting."...
After that i read THIS maemo.org guide, where it says that emmc must be done before the pr, but i dunno if that's the real problem...
i really need some help =(

Originally Posted by dallonz88 View Post
i hope this is not a big problem... i already had too many problems with my n900...

no problem for the os, but when i try to reset the emmc, when I use the command, the usb icon on the mobile screen disappear and the windows terminal freezes at the "Suitable USB device not found, waiting."...
After that i read THIS maemo.org guide, where it says that emmc must be done before the pr, but i dunno if that's the real problem...
you should use windows 7 32bit for flash your n900+ conect to the internet

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Same problem here. After installing Nitdroid on EMMC.

Originally Posted by sajjji View Post
you should use windows 7 32bit for flash your n900+ conect to the internet
i read i can't use win7 to execute flasher-3.5, and btw does it change anything?

Originally Posted by dallonz88 View Post

Stll the same... anyone?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Please use this:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

And if you find unable to flash from windows then download ubuntu live-cd ->boot with it -> setup network ->go to that wiki page -> follow instructions and try to flash your n900 again

IF problem persist please come here and explain in detail what did you do, what error messages you got etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
This could be the problem i met
Do not boot up the device between the two i.e do NOT use the -R parameter at the end! Rationale: on accidental booting in between the 2 flash processes, the sequence formerly suggested (rootfs first) will result in a broken system.
i'll try again asap...

Last edited by dallonz88; 2010-12-22 at 07:23.

Ok i think this is my problem, i can't flash the emmc anymore because of the quoted rule i didn't follow (both, i started with the rootfs reflash and then i booted the phone after that with the -R)... i can only reflash the rootfs, and when i try to reflash the emmc, the usb icon on the top-right of the phone screen disappear and the windows terminal ask me for a suitable device...

can anyone help me?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Use a Debian/Ubuntu based Live-CD-system.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Use a Debian/Ubuntu based Live-CD-system.
How do you use the live cd to reflash the emmc? Do you still have to install the software to flash the n900 or is it already included?

Thanks