Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
WHat is all the fuss about ????? all i want is a mobile device that does what i need it to do so if Nokia can achieve this through Microsoft then am sure a lot of people are going to be happy.

Happy days to come eh.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Support Android? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
hey OP, you getting paid per word or something ?

Another post full of fail.

How about this ?

When any new phone gets released, each person can try to see if they like the phone, and if they like it, buy it ?

Why do they need this silly ideological rationale to support a particular OS ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Android is going to dominate the mobile market whether the old Nokia comes back or whether there is a new Nokia. There is nothing Microsoft can do about it. This time it is up against a real tech giant and cannot use size and money to just crush the opposition.

Things have changed dramatically from when Microsoft went on to dominate the PC business.

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Nokia would also have had their ecosystem on top of meego, only for Nokia users, and provide developer tools. They are not saints.

I am against this deal because its beneficial for MS but disastrous for Nokia in the long term. Except Elop has a good exit strategy, but I doubt it.
Of course he does. He will continue to buy more Microsoft shares. Then when he has succeeded in killing the Nokia brand and Nokia is taken over by Microsoft he will return to Microsoft with his shares having increased in value as a result of the take over. I would say he had the perfect exit strategy.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Germany
The "Nokia of old" is no more and it will never be back.

Get over it. The sooner you are, the better for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to BigLebowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
business.[/QUOTE]

agreed. but don't you think as far as oses go, that meego, with the same appeal that android has, would be a better bet than wp7?

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
WHat is all the fuss about ????? all i want is a mobile device that does what i need it to do so if Nokia can achieve this through Microsoft then am sure a lot of people are going to be happy.

Happy days to come eh.
Quote.
I think that Nokia did the best choice to overcome its crysis. People here can hate Microsoft, but maemo failed, as meego would probably fail and as Linux failed for pc's in the war against Windows.
Because the aim a big company like Nokia is not to make nice devices for purists, but to win the war being the first seller and making a lot of money. That's how things work in the global market.
Nokia thinks to money and not to dreams.
I will probably too switch to android phones because I don't like windows, but I admit that Nokia did the only possible choice to remain competitive. Meego couldn't save Nokia becouse it arrived too late.