Check the link and see for your self

http://www.nokiausa.com/

there web site advertises that you can get a cell phone for free when you buy a cell phone for $299.00 or more. There are three phones available for this promotion. the n900, the e72, and the NOkia x6 16GB

Sounds liek a good deal right? WRONG! here lies the BS that is NOKIA.

The fine print says the the free phone will be valued at up to $479.00 the problem with this is that the same site sales the n900 for $549.00 plus shipping plus tax. this is a flat out lie. this means the n900 can't be apart of there promotion because it costs over 479 bucks. that's not fair to try and sucker folks into buying your crap with purposefully misleading ads.

Here is the other part. when i talked to the customer service rep he said that you can NOT even choose which phone you get as the free phone? can you believe that? the service rep said that its suppose to be a surprise for fathers day. now i will give you a few moments to consider which phone will likely be the surprise. mind you that it is "UP TO" 479 bucks. that's not the guaranteed value of it. So i asked service rep how do you know that it will be compatible if you just randomly pic a phone? you wont believe what this idiot told me. This idiot told me that the phone i get will be quad band so it will work no matter what, and with any service provider. Can you believe this?

So now i am offended because he clearly thought i was a idiot. He figured i would just take what they say as truth. Just like when i called ahead of time about the nokia n900 and mms capability and video calling, The service rep then promised me it was there an we all know it was not.

My point is CS reps are either lying or stupid. either way i am tired of them flat out lying to me about features and trying to intentionally device me into purchasing stuff and its not fair.

The Following User Says Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...581#post687581

btw, it's a FREE phone for spending >$299.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2010-05-29 at 18:56.

I bought a N900 during this promotion, and guess what, I still haven't received my "free" phone in the mail yet. Am I surprised? No. Upset? Yes, and their customer service sucks. I am getting the run around.

The Following User Says Thank You to 2008Deere850J For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Houston
Yes, it is a scam.

I ordered by phone, not online, where I asked for further info on the promotion. The agent not once did he explain that it would be ANY phone as a surprise phone, I was under the impression it was buy one get one of the same free and the agent verified that for me. After a longer than promised expected time, I received a lousy Nokia Xpress music instead of the N900 I had originally ordered.

I called back explaining i was misinformed accidentally (or on purpose), and that I need something to be done about it. The person kept saying "it is a surprise phone" and I kept saying that noone explained me what kind of surprise, instead they reassured me it would be another n900. I asked to talk to a supervisor, but the person did not let me, saying he was as high as it goes!!!!?????

Also, after he got frustrated he said a couple of times:
"It is a complimentary phone", in a sense of "why are you complaining, you got a free phone...". That's when I got mad and told him it is not complimentary when you advertise it. It's like buying a phone that says it comes with a charger and then you shouldn't complain if the charger never arrives, as it is complimentary...

I am now stuck with a 5530 Xpress music and really frustrated.... Nokia sure knows how to pull a scam...

The Following User Says Thank You to colder For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It's starting to sound like Nokia is completely divorced from reality...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Houston
@andraeseus1,

I do not think they are stupid, I believe it is the second you said:

flat out lying to get us to buy. BTW, what kind of phones did you guys get? If we all got the same two, Xpress Music and something else, then that means they probably found opportunity to get rid of phones that did not sell. That is my opinion.

I think I asked you this a long time ago Texrat. But are you sure one part of Nokia, talks to the other parts? =P

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I think I asked you this a long time ago Texrat. But are you sure one part of Nokia, talks to the other parts? =P
As a former employee I can assure you Nokia is as disconnected as any other company its size. Ironic, given its catchphrase "connecting people".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
yes it did say clearly that it was a surprise phone. now the fact that maybe the n900 is priced so would be excluded is a whole different thing, but there was no guarantee at all that youd be getting an n900. (and I'm the last person to defend nokia, as ive been lied to by soooo many nokia phone sales reps)

before fathers day i even started a thread about it and the whole mystery phone thing was discussed

Last edited by optimistprime; 2010-07-01 at 15:40.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I'm quite surprised by the number of people whom assumed that could can get 2 of the same phone on that promo... they would've pimped that fact much louder if that was the case.... and avoided vague words like 'surprise' (which can be a good or a bad thing).

But if the salesperson intentionally misled you by misrepresenting the offer, perhaps you can ask them to pull the recording of said order.... then again, I have a huge suspicion that the conversation didn't go as expected or as you remembered it, due to emotional reason.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post: