Notices

Poll: Do you want this script in the repository?
Poll Options
Do you want this script in the repository?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
got no easy installable deb file?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
..."Don't believe the Hype" by Public Enemy.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^i have already read about posted dolby digital
at the n900 front this loudness is useful in many a caces like crt tvs mone bt headseats etc
and everything in todays world runs on hype

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
that's a noob question.. but what's wrong with N9's stock audio quality?

It's amazing

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
that's a noob question.. but what's wrong with N9's stock audio quality?

It's amazing
Just not as loud and clear as expected... On professional headphones.

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
Surround Sound on N900 is Possible like 5800? :P noob question

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
Surround Sound on N900 is Possible like 5800? :P noob question
I don't think so, but I did quite a good thing with the stereo expansion, and also, the stereo expansion on the speakers is quite good stock. Try a good FLAC file, and test it out

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
got no easy installable deb file?
Not yet, but if someone is willing to help me, I will soon. Also, I don't know how to add those icons in a deb file, being dependent on the current icon theme you are using, it's a bit hard to replace EXACTLY THE NEEDED FILE in your MULTIPLE ICON FOLDER. But if someone will help, we will find a solution.

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
I Respect Your Work and Thanks For a Reply

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
..."Don't believe the Hype" by Public Enemy.
I kept hearing they were “better” so ultimately I went to a store and listened to them, and they sounded like crap—it was way overly distorted and muddy.

What is he talking about?

Granted, I listened to a rock track, and I assumed that for a line geared toward listeners of hip-hop “better” meant all bass and nothing else.

This guy have no idea about that product, he is a hypocrite.

What do you think? Have you ever heard anything regarding any of the products that would lend any credibility to their claims of being better? I sure haven’t.

I don't own such headphones and my oppinion was different. The headphones offer such a great isolation, but they can't really handle very powerfull output. I own a Fujitsu T4220 Tablet PC, the old but gold generation, with a very high power sound card and SRS driver. I plugged in the Beats, crank it up to 20% and the audio quality was superior. Clear and deep bass, crystal sound and everything you want to have the best audio experience. Crank it up to 100% and yes, the sound was distorted, but you can feel liquid coming out of your ears after about 10-20 seconds of listening, and about after 20 second you will loose your balance.

Same output I tested with professional Sony studio headphones, and yes, I could crank it up to 100% without any distorsions, but the bass wasn't so deep anymore.

Every headphones is designed for a purpose, Beats by Dr. Dre is designed to listen to music like rap, r&b, dnb, dubstep and other generes with lots of bass, and other headphones are made to listen to rock, classical and music like this which require high definition of higher frequency lines.

So you love rock music? Why hate the Beats, you know what they can do, so don't buy them, buy Sony or any other brand that makes headphones for definition, and not bass.

Tags
audio, beats, driver, music, pulseaudio