Active Topics

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Nah, that's me. You can tell the difference because I (mostly) keep my whining to myself.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Till the end I wasn't sure if I would get one, but now I have decided against it. It would sit on the drawer for too long.

I wish everyone who participated all the best and really hope this project succeeds. I even wanted to contribute a few euros as donation, but then I saw that only credit card is accepted. (I don't own one)

I really hope this project succeeds. If it does and chenliangchen creates an qwerty-slider campaign following it, I will sure find a way to get one too!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
there is a listing for a Dave8148...

Guys, no need to look for me in the list. I have already said I wouldn't back this campaign for already mentioned reasons.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I have already said I wouldn't back this campaign for already mentioned reasons.
Just one post will do then, surely?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
OK in the last minute I also went ahead and ordered one. I think I'm the last backer in the official period. Not that I really need a tablet as I already have the original Jolla tablet, but now I have a spare one. Plus, so far I've not missed any of the Sailfish devices, this way I'm keeping my collection complete :-)

Chen, many thanks for bringing life back to the Sailfish tablet! SFOS 2.0 is really very suited to tablets, so I hope there's a follow on with newer hardware in the future. I also hope this project motivates Jolla to give some love to optimizing Sailfish for the tablet.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Just one post will do then, surely?
One post usually be fine. But now people looking for me in the list and at that point it's better to tell them I'm not there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Unless by travel in Europe you mean travel to Europe from other parts of the world
Welcome to life in (non-EU member) Switzerland !
Where you reach (EU members) European countries in whichever direction you throw a pebble.

(Cellphone service providers decided to make up for the difference on our backs)

(At least, regarding the abolition of geofencing - re online services like Netflix - we benefit from that one too. My Swiss Netflix account now works in Bulgaria at my parents' too)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
One yes. But not two. Why not two batteries, two screens, two power buttons, twice the price? An now for some reason every device have two cams on backside. Stupid. What's next 4 cams?.
The big difference is that multiple SIMs in standby mode don't require any additional chips. It basically comes (nearly) for free.
That's why dual-SIM is an absolute standard feature on nearly every small less known manufacturer.

(Though prices of crappy cams is falling, to the point where adding extra doesn't double the price.
I still remember a time when putting the single cam on a swivel (eg.: Sony Clie) was cheaper than adding a second one for selfies.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Congrats Chen. You will finally get some money! Or 15 days delay?

Any news on starting a Lauta thread soon?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
However eager I am to see him pulling this Lauta project together, give the poor (he can't run with the tablet money, it's Michael's money!) guy some time. The tablet campaign just ended and he just traveled back to China to finalize the Moto keyboard project. He said earlier in this thread that we'd hear about the Lauta revival somewhere between the end of July and the end of August.

Be prepared though, the hype train will depart soon and you don't want to miss it. Exciting times.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os