Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by odradek View Post
@Imkied
I had also the "fail-too-many" issue, but after a full reflash it does work!
That's because it's server side, not client side. I'm guessing you have registered your cellphone number with another version of Whatsapp (Android, iOS, etc).

It would make sense for Whatsapp to assume that you only have 1 PHONE AND 1 OS associated with your Whatsapp account.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I have a little issue:
I have migrated from using Yappari on N900 to Wazapp on N9, and i gave my N900 to my girlfriend.
Now the following problem occurs: Wazapp on my N9 (with my old SIM) tells me I cant register, (fail-too-many:: ) and Yappari on the N900 (with my girlfriends SIM) tells us the same...
Any idea what causes this, and on how i can fix this?
Thanks!

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
I have a little issue:
I have migrated from using Yappari on N900 to Wazapp on N9, and i gave my N900 to my girlfriend.
Now the following problem occurs: Wazapp on my N9 (with my old SIM) tells me I cant register, (fail-too-many:: ) and Yappari on the N900 (with my girlfriends SIM) tells us the same...
Any idea what causes this, and on how i can fix this?
Thanks!
Why did you give your N900 to your gf? Say goodbye to that resistive screen and thank those fingernails for it

I had a fail too many after using WhatsApp on Nitdroid. My solution was the following:

Register WhatsApp on any different phone so you get away from your IMEI, make sure it works fine on that other phone.

Then boot again your N9 with Nitdroid, freshly install WhatsApp and do a new registration. This is the part where you should be quick!

As soon as you see the SMS from WhatsApp is incoming (in top status bar), switch off your data/internet connection so that the WhatsApp Client under Nitdroid doesn't have the chance to register with it.

Note down the WhatsApp 3-digit code and reboot Harmattan.

In Harmattan, just try to register in Wazapp as usual and when you get the "fail-too-many" error, choose to enter the code manually and provide the code you received in Nitdroid just few minutes ago.

I could successfully register my Wazapp again after countless tries of "fail-too-many"s.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Thanks for the reply, but i dont have nitroid... So thats not gonna work...

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Thanks for the reply, but i dont have nitroid... So thats not gonna work...
I switched my whatapp account from my N8 to wazzap on the N9.

If possible try to log in on whatsapp on an original whatsapp client, on any symbian android or ios phone. and then try to log in on the N9.

Dunno if this would work but you can try. The whatsapp account that was running on my N8 is working on wazzap. Maybe you can't switch between yappari and wazzap.

Hope I helped.

This is for all the people getting the failed too many errors, i've been following this thread since its opening and found ppl complaining abt the "failed too many issue"....
People please understand that this is the beta version which is not the stable or the official version so u shud take preventive measures b4 installing it on your devices in order for it to work properly like disable or uninstall the whatsapp service on ur other devices so that it doesn't conflict on the server and if u had used wazapp on any n9 with other SIM card , it wud b better to completely uninstall-reboot-then install wazapp again fresh so that you can register with the new number without any difficulty. The dev has always said that it is just a public beta so it is obvious that it is not at its full functionality that you put it to the maximum level of testing & then wen u get errors u make a huge mess with ur mobile and on this thread !!! And for the not so techie ppl who install the under dev version and make a hue & cry, plz stay away form those versions as they r only 4 d developers, wait 4 d beta!!! No offence to anyone...
Thanx & Peace Out.....

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
encountered same problem and here my reglog on .wazapp folder

hi! i'm from tanzania. my wazapp suddenly shut down and when i try to launch it again it loads but then nothing happens. i tried to deactivate my account and re-register but still the same. i get the error fail too many, but no number to indicate how many minutes i should wait and try again. please help, would really appreciate

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
hey guys i install the dev version but when i try to open wazapp it loading but nothing happen it close what i should do to fix this problem i need wazapp so please help ..

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp