Closed Thread
loving this active CSSU

using email (built in) The send button is not available in portrait mode. also, when browsing using micob rotation randomly gets stuck in landscape..anyone else experiencing this? im using the latest cssu update. cant remember if the send button was available in portrait previous to update, but I know for sure i never had a problem with micob getting stuck in landscape before. help please.

Originally Posted by rrivello View Post
Today I tried the forcerotation (= 1) in the CSSU Features. After that, I returned to "0", because the rotation on desktop of the N900 doesn't work very well.
The point is I don't know why the rotation of the desktop persists!
I've already checked the transitions.ini file and the forcerotation data is set as "0".
Does anybody know what can I do?
Tks!
in the wiki under the features section:
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Hi there,

Would someone who has modest crashing problem to install .deb from here and to report if there is any change.

Thanks

EDIT: please reboot after installing it and before experimenting, just in case
During last 3,5 days (current uptime) I had 2 crashes.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
During last 3,5 days (current uptime) I had 2 crashes.
The point is that replacement library should fix a bug that causes crashes every 5 minutes or so. There is another bug in modest itself, which results in infrequent crashes (like yours), which hopefully is fixed too (in next CSSU update).

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-09-14 at 07:43.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Terminal Recovery nice!

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Sure but i mean you can change the category for installed packages manually with that, without messing with the package.
Ahh, ta. I just updated GPSJinni from -devel, which I wouldn't normally use, and it's now in the right category anyway.

Originally Posted by bobh View Post
It keeps track of icon positions separately for each rotation. So all you have to do is position them the way you want in portrait and it will stay that way.
The problem is that if hildon desktop crashes (which happens sometimes) all the widget and icons' locations are changed back.

for landscape mode i use activity manager, but it does not keep the state for portrait mode.
Is there a way to keep the portrait mode locations? where is it being saved in the file system? (i thought maybe i'll just save the settings files aside and copy again if crash happens)

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
guys is there any way to have both vertical and horizontal scrolling at the same time... in landscape mode ?>?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi, I'm having a problem of battery leakage being caused by Hildon-Status-Menu (thread/thing). It is always using a considerable amount of memory (but whatever) and at least 5% of processing power.

It is specially annoying considering that while the phone is locked, it looks like uses even more (20%+).

Am I the only one noticing it? It started after 16.8.

Thanks.

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-09-14 at 17:10.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade