Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Creamy Goodness: Yes, injection was verified by a bunch of beta testers. So at least that was verified. As did a bunch of stuff working.

But on the other hand, I agree with most of your other points. And I suspect you meant more or less guarantee of future development and support.

hawaii: I think it's rather... unrealistic? To call any security auditing / penetration testing tool something distinct from hacking tools. Since you're basically security-auditing / penetration-testing by performing hacking attempts. The intent differs, but I think the tool is ultimately validly labeled as either or. It's like how a martial art is a martial art - now you can spar for practice, and that's not fighting, but a spar is basically a controlled fight, in that you don't go beyond a certain point. A security audit is basically a hacking attack - you just stop when you've established you can get access, or resume to see if you can get access through another security hole, etc.

Not saying NeoPwn is MEANT to be a tool for hackers. Of course not. But to suggest that half the users out there won't be at some point trying to use it for the same purpose is rather denialistic.

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by dekin View Post
pls can you elaborate on how to partition memory card? say i have 8GB and i want to partion 2GB only to use for neopwn? thanks
u will need at least 4GB to be able to install neopwn..to partition it, either u use the manual method, or u can use GParted..for Gparted, here's the link http://www.networkedmediatank.com/sh....php?tid=26629

Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
The injection_modules.rar doesn't contain the actual kernel modules, just the scripts and desktop files needed to easily load them. Is that the intent?

It would be great if the modules could be uploaded somewhere - I am not all that interested in the rest of the neopwn image, but these would be handy. Besides, the leaked neopwn image seems to have vanished from the web unless my search is failing me.
yes, the .rar only contains the script to load/unload the modules..i'm not intending to upload only the modules itself..at least not yet

Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
Yep - it works fine if I run the commands line-by-line manually, but for some reason it doesn't want to work in script form. Really starting to piss me off now - everything else is working fine!
strange..seriously, i don't have any problem running it..try a fresh clean install..tell me how many GB u allocated for neopwn?

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Well, mine's worse - mine just doesn't run in non-script form either. On the other hand, I'm trying to do it from outside NeoPwn, without even installing the entirety of NeoPwn (or any of it. I only untarred the one archive with modules). I installed two of the debs, but didn't run the flasher one. Rebooted quite a few times. *Shrug*

(Irony is, I waited months for some sort of public release, thinking it'll come out soon, it'll come out eventually. Just give it time, etc. Only after this postponed indefinitely thing did I get demotivated enough to try for the leaked beta files.)
have u tried the scripts i posted?

Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
Neopwn is crashing as soon as I run it from the menu. Any ideas?

Thanks
u need to make the neopwn executable
Code:
sudo gainroot
chmod +x /usr/bin/neopwn
chmod +x /usr/bin/neopwn.sh
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
That would presumably be due to the lack of compat-wireless in the power kernel.

The amount of fail in this thread is high. A bunch of users, sharing private files, who have no idea what they're doing, to get a penetration testing tool suite that they CLEARLY have no right to be using.

Awesome stuff here.
well i'm not sharing any private files though, except for the script to load/unload the kernel.. =)

Last edited by one1002; 2010-11-09 at 10:56.

edit: i just ran 'chmod +x /home/user/insneomod.sh; chmod +x /home/user/rmneomod.sh; chmod +x /home/user/MyDocs/neo/neopwn; chmod +x /home/user/MyDocs/neo/neopwn.sh' to be sure that all are chmodded, same issue happening...
just noticed your edited post..u chmod the wrong folder for neopwn n neopwn.sh

it should be

Code:
sudo gainroot

chmod +x /usr/bin/neopwn

because in step 6, we need to copy neopwn, neopwn.sh, neopwn.png, and neopwn.desktop to /usr/bin/

Code:
(Step 6) Copy the files to their required directories
Code:

cp neopwn /usr/bin/

cp neopwn.sh /usr/bin/

cp neopwn.png /usr/share/pixmaps/

cp neopwn.desktop /usr/share/applications/hildon/
did u miss a step or two?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
just noticed your edited post..u chmod the wrong folder for neopwn n neopwn.sh

it should be

Code:
sudo gainroot

chmod +x /usr/bin/neopwn

because in step 6, we need to copy neopwn, neopwn.sh, neopwn.png, and neopwn.desktop to /usr/bin/

Code:
(Step 6) Copy the files to their required directories
Code:

cp neopwn /usr/bin/

cp neopwn.sh /usr/bin/

cp neopwn.png /usr/share/pixmaps/

cp neopwn.desktop /usr/share/applications/hildon/
did u miss a step or two?
Nope, I had chmodded everything right. Managed to get it working eventually, check your PMs

good to hear that..well done.. =)

The Following User Says Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
good to hear that..well done.. =)
Haha, thanks!

Now to get Metasploit working... :P

Have you managed to get it running? What are the dependencies? I can't figure out how to run it from xterm so I can see why it's failing.

Thanks again!

Haha, thanks!

Now to get Metasploit working... :P

Have you managed to get it running? What are the dependencies? I can't figure out how to run it from xterm so I can see why it's failing.

Thanks again!
nope i didn't try metaspoilt as my N900 is with nokia..sent it to change the whole motherboard.. =)

I am having the same exact problem, with all the same symptoms as Kieron described. Is there any way you could let me know what you did to fix it Kieron? Or if anyone has any other suggestions, I am open to something new to try... I am just not having any luck myself.

Originally Posted by moisturerichsoy View Post
I am having the same exact problem, with all the same symptoms as Kieron described. Is there any way you could let me know what you did to fix it Kieron? Or if anyone has any other suggestions, I am open to something new to try... I am just not having any luck myself.
Can you be more specific about the issue you are facing? Kieron saw a few problems.

What kernel are you using? What happens if you run the script commands manually?

I was able to get the script to run, and it seems to work. I cannot get the packet injection working though... I get an error saying iwconfig doesnt exist, when trying to iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor. I thought at first it was some problem with untar'ing w00t, because iwconfig actually did not exist. I did the untar on w00t again, and now i have iwconfig in the /.neopwn/sbin/ DIR, but it still tells me iwconfig doesnt exist.

nvm- I got it working. I did not have wireless-tools, after i did an apt-get on that, i was golden.

Last edited by moisturerichsoy; 2010-11-28 at 23:09.