Posts: 61 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Exeter (UK)
Could some one say if this is a good idea please. It seeems to be saying that it is longer lasting than the standard battery?

Code:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1930mAh-BL-5J-HIGH-CAPACITY-BATTERY-NOKIA-5800-N900-/200471742882?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries&hash=item2ead0c09a2

Saw, maybe yesterday, someone posting pictures of the same battery.

In short, no, it won't work better than the original due to a variety of reasons, most notably that it doesn't hold 1900+ mAh of charge, rather it holds less than the standard bl-5j.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I think I read on these forums that such "high capacity" batteries can potentially harm your device gradually, as the device isn't designed for such amplitudes.

Although if the battery isn't even truly 1900Ah... It's safe but a waste of money!

I won't be getting a power battery. It is customary for modern smart phones to drain in one day. There's no way around that.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lagos, Nigeria
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
There's no way around that.
Have u tried underclocking? Well I havent but there are claims by many that it helps conserve battery power

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Niggydip View Post
Have u tried underclocking? Well I havent but there are claims by many that it helps conserve battery power
Now why on earth would I want to do that!

No but srsly my 1.1.1 ran for longer with a 900mhz oc than stock frequency.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
All ebay china made "long lasting" batteries are a scam.

Have a look in the accesories section where there is comment on the mugen extended battery.

well you wouldn know unless some maniac try it out , but is successful ?!!

well i aint trying , no change of battery nor overclocking !!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Phone and battery manufacturers spend millions getting the most life out of any battery of a given size. If you want more life you need a bigger battery until battery technology has a step change. If they had managed this feet I suspect it would cost a LOT more than £4.50.

Avoid avoid avoid, snake oil.

If anyone is interested, I just received a 2nd battery for my N900 that I ordered from dealextreme. I have in the past received the knock off ebay batteries, and was rather disappointed. Therefor I endeavored to located a real, actual, genuine nokia battery for something less than the $60 that nokia wants. I was successful, mostly from a thread on these forums I read.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32444

I have checked over the new battery very very carefully, and I am absolutely positive it is a legitimate nokia battery, just like the one I got with my phone. It charges up full just like the other, and the battery indicator works with the battery (the knock offs would show full until almost drained). I also checked every tell I could find online for legitimacy (hologram, printing, numbers, languages, barcode).

I will probably order another battery from them, cannot be beat for that price to have a genuine battery (2nd or 3rd battery even). This way, I do not have to make my device fatter, but I get more capacity by swapping batteries. I should be able to use my device all day long with heavy constant use now. I also ordered a cheap desktop charger off ebay, so that I can charge a battery outside my phone, as a bonus it has a usb port that I can charge my phone with, while I charge the 2nd battery at the same time.