Active Topics

I’ll choose the N900. I hope it will have ovi support (maps, calendar, ovi mail) soon… More app would be nice too. I guess that all the developers are reading to much treads.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by God View Post
Watching films online is legal. You're not even downloading the actual film. (It's the uploading that's illegal).
Sites like www.watch-movies-online.tv for e.g is completely legal, because they only supply the links & you're allowed to watch the films that are posted on it. Thousands of people do it & post comments on every movie that's been watched.
I'm aware of that. Actually you are downloading the film. Only temporary, but you do.
(If you check your temporary files, a movie played in any flash player is saved there until it isn't needed any more or removed manually)
This of course, is not legal. However, it's pretty much a gray area, you won't get sued for it, because there are too many people who do it. But at least in germany (where I live) it is prohibited to download movies with copyright to your pc, if you didn't buy the license.

Originally Posted by God View Post
The X6 supports full web browser (OSS) v7.0 with Macromedia Flash Lite 3.0, that's hardly the same.
Thanks for posting it, didn't know it was using the lite version.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
I'm aware of that. Actually you are downloading the film. Only temporary, but you do.
(If you check your temporary files, a movie played in any flash player is saved there until it isn't needed any more or removed manually)
This of course, is not legal. However, it's pretty much a gray area, you won't get sued for it, because there are too many people who do it. But at least in germany (where I live) it is prohibited to download movies with copyright to your pc, if you didn't buy the license.

I know where you're coming from
Yeah but that's just the cookies, right? I mean you're not actually downloading the data, which can later be used as a pirated-dvd.
But yeah, here in Switzerland it's obviously illegal as well to download a movie with ©. As you said, it wouldn't be a huge issue in legal terms, because everyone does it.

(This is way off-topic)