Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
A Cricket enthusiast here

I've been searching for a good app in the OVI stores for the past couple of days. Couldn't find anything which shows the live scorecard.

If anyone is aware of such an app, let me know I've been using some good apps for live scores (with scorecard/capable of auto refreshing) on my Symbian phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I'm not too sure of any apps too...You can either request some of the Symbian apps' developers to port it over or just use the iOS UA for Stock Browser and access cricinfo instead...It works quite well (at least worked well for me for the 15mins yesterday I was tracking Kohli trash Pakistan)

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I'm not too sure of any apps too...You can either request some of the Symbian apps' developers to port it over or just use the iOS UA for Stock Browser and access cricinfo instead...It works quite well (at least worked well for me for the 15mins yesterday I was tracking Kohli trash Pakistan)
Thanks for the suggestion Tracking the score on a mobile browser is a tough task - an app is the best thing for that.

LOL. Even I felt the necessity of the app during yesterdays match I was traveling when Pakistan was batting Downloaded many apps from the OVI stores but all of them just shows the current score. No scorecard and also, we have to refresh it ourselves

I have no clue why such junk apps are there in the OVI stores *sigh*

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
daymn, people still watch cricket? xD

only Indians here on the thread.. ?

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
haha lol a Singapore-resident Indian here...

Man Utd comes first but Indian cricket team is something you cant stay with due to their inconsistency and something u cant leave due to their genius moments... Its a love-hate relation

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
cricinfo could be an application for maemo & meego.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
There was one i used last summer - it was pretty crude & i uninstalled it i think - will have a check... YES - was called Cricinfo Live Scores according to my download history from the store

Last edited by PhatApteryx; 2012-10-01 at 20:49. Reason: Update

I tried subscribing to the cricinfo rss feeds for live scores but for some reason it doesn't update the content after it has first been downloaded so was useless. If anyone can figure that out then that could be better than an app for score updates.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand

Originally Posted by PhatApteryx View Post
It was this app...

http://store.ovi.com/content/187590?...=search&pos=1#
Scorecard isn't available This app just shows the total score at a particular time.