Notices

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just arrived to my work. 2 hours late. EvilAlarm's new version failed to wake me up two times now (randomly works or not), it doesn't trigger the alarm at all. Very frustating. Coming back to ye olde reliable version.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by sr00t View Post
Just arrived to my work. 2 hours late. EvilAlarm's new version failed to wake me up two times now (randomly works or not), it doesn't trigger the alarm at all. Very frustating. Coming back to ye olde reliable version.
the older ver sometime behaved same for me. and newer one i used very few times,so cantsay if it is same for me too( but i dont take care somtime when dont getup in time)

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

@nicholes:
I don't really want to add multiple alarms to the interface, which would be required to make repeating alarms useful... I might at some point add an option to just repeat the current alarm (daily) -- but it's not something I have on high priority right now.

@sr00t:
Sorry for that

Could you start 'evilalarm' from the X terminal and check that it prints something like
Code:
setEvilAlarm(7, 30)
Daemon started, alarm at: Mo. Nov 28 07:30:00 2011
when you set an alarm? Does the "Test Alarm" option in the menu work? What Alarm type are you using? (maybe Movement with a too small treshold?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpulvermacher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by cpulvermacher View Post
@nicholes:
I don't really want to add multiple alarms to the interface, which would be required to make repeating alarms useful... I might at some point add an option to just repeat the current alarm (daily) -- but it's not something I have on high priority right now.

@sr00t:
Sorry for that

Could you start 'evilalarm' from the X terminal and check that it prints something like
Code:
setEvilAlarm(7, 30)
Daemon started, alarm at: Mo. Nov 28 07:30:00 2011
when you set an alarm? Does the "Test Alarm" option in the menu work? What Alarm type are you using? (maybe Movement with a too small treshold?)
No problem dude! I'll try it tonight and I'll tell you the results. Thanks for the answer!!!

I just uploaded 1.0 to extras-devel:
* Changing the alarm time does no longer turn the alarm on. (changed because it was unintuitive to new users; check twice if the alarm is actually on if you've already gotten used to it)
* Make alarm aware of daylight saving time (DST).
* Allow changing alarm type when setting an alarm.
* Fix: Snooze button occasionally wouldn't stop the alarm
* Movement module: Added option to turn off alarm when charger is plugged in

I've also added a README that describes some 'cheating' countermeasures:
https://github.com/cpulvermacher/Evi...ter/README.rst

Last edited by cpulvermacher; 2012-01-29 at 13:11.

I recently installed the Community SSU and noticed some things were broken in 1.0 because of a qt-mobility upgrade. I've prepared a fix, but now I have no idea wether it still works on a run-of-the-mill PR1.3 and can't really downgrade...
It would be nice if someone could give it a try on PR 1.3 (without CSSU installed) and check wether:
* selecting an alarm from the "Previous alarms" list should set and turn on the alarm
* after activating an alarm; then closing and reopening the app it is still shown as active (and at the correct time)

[link removed, released as 1.1 with only cosmetic changes]

Last edited by cpulvermacher; 2012-03-17 at 13:33.

Ok, I uploaded 1.1 to extras-devel. Full changelog:
* Avoid bug that would hang with 100% CPU instead of starting alarm. (Probably related to https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11533 -- you'd think that things like fork() work reliably...)
* Fix compatibility with CSSU
* Note that the volume may be louder than in previous versions, please
recheck your settings
* Changed default alarm sound (was too quiet)
* Remove colour steps in background
* Reduced startup time by ~50%, plus other performance improvements

I'd still like to have some confirmation by people who don't use the CSSU that I didn't break anything (see last post); You're also welcome to give it a thumbs up/down on the testing page: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...evilalarm/1.1/ (should be up soon).

THANKS! for update
i dont use cssu, i will confirm how new version works within two or three days.

My YouTube videos

Originally Posted by cpulvermacher View Post
Ok, I uploaded 1.1 to extras-devel. Full changelog:
* Avoid bug that would hang with 100% CPU instead of starting alarm. (Probably related to https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11533 -- you'd think that things like fork() work reliably...)
* Fix compatibility with CSSU
* Note that the volume may be louder than in previous versions, please
recheck your settings
* Changed default alarm sound (was too quiet)
* Remove colour steps in background
* Reduced startup time by ~50%, plus other performance improvements

I'd still like to have some confirmation by people who don't use the CSSU that I didn't break anything (see last post); You're also welcome to give it a thumbs up/down on the testing page: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...evilalarm/1.1/ (should be up soon).
Hi, this is to confirm(i dont use cssu) that my evilalarm is working perfactly. I did not find any problem as yet.the new update is good and running well as yet..
Cheers!!!!

And thanks for the update..

My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Thank you for this!

I have a request:
I was hopeing in using this as my primary alarm clock, as I'm hopelessly bad att getting up in the morning.
The way I want to use it though is by me having to shake the device in my hand for X seconds when the alarm goes off, and having the alarm being active for "forever" (as suggested previously) until the device has been shaken for the set value of time.

In other words, the alarm would'nt stop untill I had gotten my backside out of bed and shaken the device for the set amount of time. Failure to do so would keep the alarm going, but when the action has been performed the alarm would be stopped/killed (maby indicated by a beep or similar).

I realize that this is not what you've intended when building the function, but I think it would be great if this could be an option! For me, anyway I sometimes sleep through the duration of alarms, even though they usually keep going for an whole hour before stopping by themselfs.
Also, my morning routines probably differs from yours as the intended way of getting up and walking around won't help me untill my N900 can survive my morning shower.

If my wall of text (sorry 'bout that) sounds like jibberish I would love to clarify
Thank you once more.

/MegaULF

The Following User Says Thank You to MegaULF For This Useful Post: