Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Didn't Nokia give 2000 patents to mosaid so they can patent troll for Microsoft?
http://www.nokiaphones.net/2000-noki...nadian-mosaid/

And I seem to remember Barnes and Noble describing exactly what Elop the MS Trojan horse is doing somewhere in a legal .......wait here it is, I just found it, yeah this.
http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...11111122291296

I remember reading that before but it is very detailed so if you want a more easy to understand summary of it try this
http://www.extremetech.com/computing...y-barnes-noble

Elop is a Microsoft trojan horse plain and simple. He is to destroy or render irrelevant any other OS Nokia has and Kamikaze itself for Microhard
Again... if Elop is a trojan horse, the people that allowed the trojan horse into their city regretted it. I wonder if the Nokia board of directors regret it yet.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Again... if Elop is a trojan horse, the people that allowed the trojan horse into their city regretted it. I wonder if the Nokia board of directors regret it yet.
I see your point. By definition If he is a Trojan Horse there has to be a group of people that has been conned into believing this was all rosey and nice but they were really tricked but if that were so then why has he not been "field goal" kicked out of the company by now by any means necessary.
But I submit to you that it is the wider audience, the customer base/employee culture/ecomark.... I mean ecosystem that is serving as the loyal group that has been infiltrated by this trojan horse and there are collaborators on the inside.
And he is not letting the N9 into major markets and Symbian just needed a UI change and to break the lowest processor possible trend because it is super carrier friendly. His intent is to destroy Nokias other OS's and kamikaze nokia into the enemies of android and apple and if there is anything left let microhard have it if they still want it.
Why else would Microhard buy Skype to piss off carriers after he makes the announcement? I mean killing QT was so so so obvious a trojan horse move.

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-04-16 at 05:13.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Elop sure dropped a lot of hints on his way in.

Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
I am hoping that they can survive this, but their on hand cash is dwindling. They are losing money per lumia set, and the problem is each lumia 900 costs more than a 4S to manufacture. Analysts are saying 5 months to turn around, hope they are wrong.
so when will people realize iphone 4s is a bad value? I think as soon as att starts pushing the lumia. Att made the iphone a success, got raped by apple in turn they overcharged their customers. That $30 data plan with $20 for messaging was originated with iphone. Lets wait for qtr 2 results. If those are also bad then we have a problem.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by mohi2k7 View Post
@bundyo its a £200 tablet, what you expect it to be fast as lighting.
and at that price it has a dualcore of the same processor core thats in the n9. A larger screen. They benfited from r&d for the playbook, its a stripped down playbook. So its a great buy. actually the playbook is a great buy for 199. http://www.buy.com/prod/rim-blackber...221285920.html

Last edited by balisingh; 2012-04-16 at 16:48.

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
so when will people realize iphone 4s is a bad value? I think as soon as att starts pushing the lumia. Att made the iphone a success, got raped by apple in turn they overcharged their customers. That $30 data plan with $20 for messaging was originated with iphone. Lets wait for qtr 2 results. If those are also bad then we have a problem.
Well, they're already looking bad
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...al_outlook.php

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I see your point. By definition If he is a Trojan Horse there has to be a group of people that has been conned into believing this was all rosey and nice but they were really tricked but if that were so then why has he not been "field goal" kicked out of the company by now by any means necessary.
Ok. I can see things this way. But between you and I... let's be honest. How do you convince an entire board of directors from within? People want to blame the investors and the board of directors which are mostly (and falsely claimed) to be North American.

The Board of Directors for Nokia are mostly European: here's a list.

So what happened? You have to have failures for the board to have gone into such a radical different direction. Comes with Music wasn't a success. N-Gage was not a success. Symbian was still selling damn well, so that's not a failure. Maemo had started and stopped 4 times, was working on the 5th iteration, the final step out of what was planned - but that wasn't happening fast enough nor at a pace that would have made any other iteration, N900 included on par with other mainstream successes. So that was a long term "failure" if you were going to use modern criteria (read: iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S sales) for comparisons.

Combine a bit if this, a bit of that, a "dying" OS that was looking dated to most folks that didn't listen to Belle's updates were coming.

It was an easy sell. Something needed to be done, there was a burning platform, the board must have felt something was amiss because their sells, while great, had been on the steady decline since 2007.

But I submit to you that it is the wider audience, the customer base/employee culture/ecomark.... I mean ecosystem that is serving as the loyal group that has been infiltrated by this trojan horse and there are collaborators on the inside.
Ecosystem was only a sell if and only if they felt as if something was missing. Comes with Music/Ovi Music, the e-mail situation (moved to Yahoo of all people), et al... something was just wrong and Elop, in typical PT Barnum manner sold the board what they felt was missing.

Ecosystem.

Such a dirty word now, isn't it?

And he is not letting the N9 into major markets and Symbian just needed a UI change and to break the lowest processor possible trend because it is super carrier friendly. His intent is to destroy Nokias other OS's and kamikaze nokia into the enemies of android and apple and if there is anything left let microhard have it if they still want it.
This... made absolutely no sense to me. The decision not to sell something that had a positive buzz on many forums and tech blogs should have been followed up with at least a limited sell in those areas plus support/warranty support in those limited areas.

But instead... they didn't do that. Nokia did something worse - they put each and every one of their eggs into one basket. Not smart.

Why else would Microhard buy Skype to piss off carriers after he makes the announcement? I mean killing QT was so so so obvious a trojan horse move.
The Skype purchase goes deeper than just carriers. Who uses MSN? Who uses Live communicator? Who uses their products for IM - which is quickly starting to surpass SMS in most countries?

eBay couldn't figure out what to do with Skype - mismatch right there, imho. So why not do that?

Can't kill Qt by that move. Skype, VLC and quite a few others still use Qt to this day.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Why does Nokia destroy all their world-wide accepted OS' only to push Windows phone to focus US market - but then does it so bad?

Why does nobody over here (US) know about the Lumia? Why have I only seen one little crappy advertisement about it on TV (the Lumia 800 ads in Europe are much better). Why do Best-Buy worker not even know what a Lumia is? Why don't I see any people using windows phones over here (1 so far, a HTC)? People might think the US is flooded the same with Lumia ads as European cities, but forget it. Nothing compared to that.

And at last but not least: Why am I asked almost every 2 day about my N9: "Cool what phone is that? When does it come to the US? Gosh we are so behind over here with phones." - and this by females and males age 20-26 and older.

Elop is a trojan horse or just incredible stupid - 2 years ago I saw at least sometimes a single Nokia phone in a US store, now nothing at all. (btw I haven't been yet to an AT&T store)

Windows phone is the most burning platform ever, I hope WP will survive and gain more users since I don't wanna see only Androids and iPhones around. But using WP as a main platform is a companies dead. If you are a Nokian you might talk and hear about WP/Lumia everyday - if you're just a normal smartphone users, you probably won't even know what all that is about.

My post is not a complain about Nokia's strategy, but a way to express how I just can't understand what Nokia is doing...

Last edited by almamo; 2012-04-16 at 20:37.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This... made absolutely no sense to me. The decision not to sell something that had a positive buzz on many forums and tech blogs should have been followed up with at least a limited sell in those areas plus support/warranty support in those limited areas.

But instead... they didn't do that. Nokia did something worse - they put each and every one of their eggs into one basket. Not smart.
I can't help but read between the lines on Nokia's inexplicable embargo on sales of the N9 in all of the major markets. It seems as though it is a contractual agreement with Microsoft. There is simply no other explanation for it. Microsoft forced them to hold the N9 back in exchange for the subsidies and marketing assistance they are giving to Nokia.

Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
Lets wait for qtr 2 results. If those are also bad then we have a problem.
Nokia already stated Q2 results are bad

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun