Active Topics

@ysss

Agreed entirely to a certain extent.
Yes stock Windows7 on a tablet is a really poor UX for a tablet device.
But I think people already knew (like I did) what the UI/UX for the iPad was going to be before launch/leaks... it was obvious actually, the iTouch blown out of proportion.
So no; developers definently knew about how to develop a good UX for a tablet and it didn't have to be an iClone.

But I do agree that a market for a tablet was actually non-existent before the iPad. I should've clarified this. So yes if MeeGo was in its final stages and a company (Acer?) rolled out with MeeGo and the Z600 about June, the market would've been available (and probably at its high point when people were curious to this new form of mobile computing).

And they would now had 4 months to fix the bugs and imperfections from rushing things, which is adequate me thinks. While the update will cost half of the development team, the other half could be busy for a future release.

Then from late September to late November the whole team could work on brining
the new build+update=final new build =>used by a well-known OEM for a mass-market of a much better quality tablet => a lot of Xmas sales worldwide! => developers flock => gradual increase in applications
... and Gingerbread has yet to be released.

Perhaps, MeeGo should employ me? XD

Last edited by Kangal; 2010-10-13 at 11:43.

Intel just posted there best quarter results *ever* .. with more then $3 billion profit.

The Following User Says Thank You to abubakar For This Useful Post:
oh, the link for your perusal
http://newsroom.intel.com/community/...evenue-quarter

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@Kangal: well, all I'm saying is that Hindsight is 20/20.

I've been following the iFanboys community and news feeds; and even they were not sure what the UI/UX would be like at that time. There were equally strong rumors (and hopes) up until the last reveal that the iPad would be loaded with the (desktop variant of) OSX than the iOS.

I think there's a strong expectation that an OS designed for (smart)phone would not be 'good enough' to run a tablet, which romantically has always been depicted/imagined as something more akin to the desktop/notebooks than 'mere phones'.

So no, I don't think it was that obvious at that time.

edit: here's an interesting test to see if 'MeeGo should employ you' based on your supposed ability to see the future: "What unique feature/selling point should MeeGo tout, when it's launched and goes head to head against Android, iOS and BB (PlayBook) to differentiate itself?"
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2010-10-13 at 12:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
For servers and desktops arm also has you covered there Armada XP Quad core arm processor and this processor will be available on consumer devices to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no1mOG8FaAw
Arm will beat Intel for the same reason that Microsoft beat Apple. Intel is trying to compete Texas Instruments, Qualcomm, Nvidia, Marvell, Freescale, Samsung, Telechips, ST Ericsson etc. It is like Apple trying to compete with HP, Acer, Dell, Asus etc.

Tags
exaggeration, intel