Active Topics

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
As can be seen here, where i preordered form are only expecting them to be delivered by the 9th of dec. This is just their latest guess, as eta after eta have simply gone by without ANY contact from them.

So i'd just like to ask at the price of $591.05, and all these delays, is it worth it to change where i'm ordering from?

Also, is the shipping of the N900 being delayed AGAIN? honestly, the HD2, and DROID have come and gone and i still don't have my N900, wtf?!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
go with NokiaUSa mate. cheaper there. and the phone is in-stock.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
after using the droid (cant say anything abt the hd2): cancel and repent!!!

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kassel, Germany
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
after using the droid (cant say anything abt the hd2): cancel and repent!!!
that means ... droid is nicer than the N900 ???

Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
As can be seen here, where i preordered form are only expecting them to be delivered by the 9th of dec. This is just their latest guess, as eta after eta have simply gone by without ANY contact from them.

So i'd just like to ask at the price of $591.05, and all these delays, is it worth it to change where i'm ordering from?

Also, is the shipping of the N900 being delayed AGAIN? honestly, the HD2, and DROID have come and gone and i still don't have my N900, wtf?!
I've read about HD2 in finnish forums and it seems bit bugy. But who knows... I'd wait if I were you. Don't know anything about Droid, we don't have that here.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by wahlau View Post
that means ... droid is nicer than the N900 ???

If you want a true smartphone in regards to phone centric design. Yes.

If you want basic phone function and want netbook function in a phone size device, the N900 is best choice.

Depends on what you want.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
ive currently got a htc touch pro - if the hd2 is anything like this phone (it does look kinda similar in terms of the software at least), i personally wont touch it.

firstly its got a capacitive screen (great for inaccurate repeated frustrating jabbing, not so great for controlled accurate interaction (and i have long nails ) - IMO!).

secondly its got no hardware keyboard - this just compounds the first let down above. to me the hd2 is an iphone wannabe, which is the very last thing in the world i would support by wasting money on.

the software on my touch pro is rubbish - even with all the latest and greatest roms and all the free stuff from all the great chefs (thanks girls n guys!). i think the problem is the os mostly (max of 32mb ram per process, with a max of 32 processes (iirc) - a memory model straight out of 1971?).

but if you have ever had a look at the internals of touch flo you'll see what a horrific mess the software really is (IMO!) - maybe this new sense ui has had a code base clean up but i would be very surprised if the quality has improved much...

either way, im utterly done with windows mobile. im sick of the hangs and pauses which almost always happen at the times when i really need to use the device quickly and i end up having to wait for it to wake up and faff around. EXTREMELY frustrating.

hmm i didn't want this to be a rant oh well there you go - i felt compulsed!

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
but wait, if you go here http://www.dynamism.com/#Product=nokia_n900 and click on purchase, it says their deilvery's expected on 10th too!

good god, i'm gonna shank someone!

I'm not sure if it would be wise to cancel the preorder, otherwise you might end up having to wait even longer. As I understand it, the demand is really high at the moment. Of course you may get lucky if you try it somewhere else.

i seriously hope you are not getting this from newegg OR anyother vendor. They will screw you over. I suggest you get it from nokiausa.com and call it a day. At least they will ship out immediately unlike the rest that will not even bother telling you anything.