Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Hi!

Is there a way to deactivate active noise canceling during calls? I get constant complaints about very low audio quality, up to a point where people like my grandma can't understand me at all.
I'm pretty sure this started when the secondary mic was activated in one of the early updates... so, is there a way to disable it?

Thanks!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Are you sure about that?
I'd imagine the noise cancelling & voice path in general has been the same all the time, no updates regarding those things.
I base this on the understanding that most of the things happen in the qualcomm blobs, not on SFOS or MER layer.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
yeah, I'm pretty sure... had exactly the same issue on the N9 were quality was tremendously improved with the sec mic off. Maybe it's a problem with my voice specifically, but whatever the exact reason I'd like to turn it off to verify

btw, is it normal that in CSD tool the recordings from the sec mic are extremely quiet? No matter how loudly or closely I speak into it, I have to hold my Jolla to my ear in a quiet room to hear it playing back...