This is for all the gmx.com users out there, or someone who might want to sign up for a new account to help me out with configuring mine on the N900. So...I'm trying to setup access to my gmx using imap and it absolutely refuses to download any information. I can send emails using the account with no problem but can't receive. Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong? GMX enables you to login with or without authentication. I've tried it using both and it is to no avail. I would greatly appreciate if someone can just verify that it is just not I having the issue...then it will be bug form filling time

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Lincolnshire, UK
Any update on this? If it is a bug I hope it gets fixed soon, my main email address is a GMX one!

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
At least in Germany on gmx.de imap is not available for the free accounts.

mail.google.com/mail/signup

Lol, I gave up and just went back to my old gmail account. GMX was starting to have imap delay issues with my laptop also and I just couldn't take it anymore.

Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
mail.google.com/mail/signup

were you trying to receive the mails in a mail collector account or the inbox of the gmx address?
because the mail collector accounts are some special folders, which can give problems with imap/pop3 afaik.

Inbox and regular folders, nothing but 3+ hour delays on imap realizing that it was there. I didn't dare use their mail collector since it was such a pain. Their free non-german service just needs a lot of tweaking. Their address book import is broken as-is also. It's just a sign I needed to move on.

The Following User Says Thank You to toratoko For This Useful Post:
ok, wow, didn't imagine it has such a delay with imap on regular folders.. :s
I can understand someway that mail collector folders take some minutes to be checked (via pop3), but imap on regular folders... :s
and I was thinking about using it like that on the N900 too
(so far I always use the webmail on my PCs, but being made in java.....)

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Has anybody had any luck with this so far? if so then what settings did you use? GMX works flawlessly on my S60 with emails notifiation being recieved on the handset even before the browser so I am dissapointed with the n900 when it comes to emailing.