Notices

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post

A heads-up: The navit developers plan to remove support for building navit with autotools:

http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Main_Page
this is sad!

Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
This will break our build process for the n900. I am pessimistic that I get that build process fixed for the n900, I tried before but failed and I think a substancial amount of time (or experience?) is needed to convert the build process to cmake. I do not remember the exact issue anymore, which made the cmake build attempt failing.

I.e. it is very likely that I cannot provide updates to the navit packages on bokomoko.de anymore, when the navit developers remove autotools support.
was the issue about build problem on armel in scratchbox?
a qemu issue? png generation tool crashing?
what can we do to solve this? open a new topic for scratchbox help?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
this is sad!

was the issue about build problem on armel in scratchbox?
a qemu issue? png generation tool crashing?
what can we do to solve this? open a new topic for scratchbox help?
I did not even get it build in for x86 in scratchbox !

I tried to build with the debian directory from the latest debian package, which uses cmake, but this contains so much new dh_* stuff, that it is not trivial to make that building with the debian helpers from maemo.

Then I tried to build it with cmake from source without a debian package. This also failed with (when rerunning make)

Code:
[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~/tmp.nobackup/navit/build] > make
Can't locate File/Basename.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /scratchbox/devkits/git/lib/perl5/site_perl /scratchbox/devkits/svn/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i686-linux-thread-multi /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /scratchbox/devkits/git/bin/git-svn line 41.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /scratchbox/devkits/git/bin/git-svn line 41.
-- SVN-version 5278
[  0%] Built target version
[  0%] Built target fib
[  2%] Built target navit_core                                                                                                                              
Linking C executable navit                                                                                                                                  
/lib/librt.so.1: undefined reference to `__fortify_fail@GLIBC_PRIVATE'                                                                                      
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status                                                                                                                         
make[2]: *** [navit/navit] Error 1                                                                                                                          
make[1]: *** [navit/CMakeFiles/navit.dir/all] Error 2                                                                                                       
make: *** [all] Error 2                                                                                                                                     
[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~/tmp.nobackup/navit/build] >
Quite frankly, I think it is a long way to get navit build with cmake in scratchbox *and* get it packaged as *.deb.

The conclusion I draw for me was that I build navit as long as possible, pledge the navit developers to keep autotools for a few more months, and then give up.

I tend to replace my n900 with an Android device in the next months anyways, so for me it is not really worth anymore to go through that transition to cmake....

...if anybody wants to take over and work on the transition, I am happy to help to replicate the (autotools based) build environment I have here.

The Following User Says Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
....the latest build crashes everytime i switching fullscreen on/off....
Going back to 5255 solved the issue.

Last edited by xes; 2012-12-03 at 13:33.

Originally Posted by xes View Post
....the latest build crashes everytime i switching fullscreen on/off....
Going back to 5255 solved the issue.
Yes, that happens to me too.

The Following User Says Thank You to sup For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sup View Post
Yes, that happens to me too.
I was using your OSD.xml and the issue seems to be related to that file.

Changing the fullscreen button to:

<osd name="my_fullscreen_status" enabled="yes" type="button" x="0" y="-156" src="gui_fullscreen_96_96.png" command='gui.fullscreen=!gui.fullscreen' />

solves the issue.

I was using your OSD.xml and the issue seems to be related to that file.

Changing the fullscreen button to:

<osd name="my_fullscreen_status" enabled="yes" type="button" x="0" y="-156" src="gui_fullscreen_96_96.png" command='gui.fullscreen=!gui.fullscreen' />

solves the issue.
Seems that it is a recently introduced bug, I reported it through irc http://irclogs.navit.ie/%23navit-2012-12-03.log (starting with 17:49) so I hope the developers solve it quickly:-).

The Following User Says Thank You to sup For This Useful Post:
Seems that it is a recently introduced bug, I reported it through irc http://irclogs.navit.ie/%23navit-2012-12-03.log (starting with 17:49) so I hope the developers solve it quickly:-).
In fact i'm trying to port this osd layout:
http://0606.at/index.php?option=com_...roid&Itemid=57

Now it's almost completed but it hangs at the same syntax used to dynamically change icons..
Attached Images

In fact i'm trying to port this osd layout:
http://0606.at/index.php?option=com_...roid&Itemid=57

Now it's almost completed but it hangs at the same syntax used to dynamically change icons..
They rolled out a fix for the full-screen icon, but I still crash on the sound off/on icon. I am reporting in on the IRC right now.

They rolled out a fix for the full-screen icon, but I still crash on the sound off/on icon. I am reporting in on the IRC right now.
So the fix for the firt crash is revision 5279 and for the second 5282. The second was caused by me not having set up speech and trying to turn it off - it crashed navit.

Rdosch: would you care to roll out another update (I have no idea how much work is that)? It would bi kind of nice if navit did not crash on me all the time.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
[...]

Rdosch: would you care to roll out another update (I have no idea how much work is that)? It would bi kind of nice if navit did not crash on me all the time.
I kicked off a build, should be available in around 30 minutes.

Rainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap